NRL coverage

Joel Caine back at 2GB?

1 Like

I know he didn’t call the Sharks vs Cowboys game last night on Channel Nine.

That was done by Mat Thompson.

NRL Nation coverage for Round 24
NRL-NATION-CALL-TEAMS

Triple M coverage for Round 24
Thursday: Tigers v Sea Eagles
Friday: Warriors v Panthers
Saturday: Raiders v Rabbitohs (Sydney and Brisbane), Roosters v Broncos (Brisbane only)
Sunday: Dragons v Bulldogs

Macquarie Sports Radio in Melbourne will relay 2GB’s call of Titans v Storm this Saturday evening.

NRL Nation coverage for Round 25 (final round of home and away season)

Triple M coverage for Round 25
Thursday: Rabbitohs v Tigers
Friday: Warriors v Raiders
Saturday: Knights v Dragons (Sydney and Brisbane), Titans v Cowboys (Brisbane only)
Sunday: Broncos v Sea Eagles

I guess Andrew Moore will do the (2) Melbourne Storm v (3) South Sydney Rabbitohs match, as well as the (5) Penrith Panthers v (8) New Zealand Warriors match, which leaves the other two. I’d say that Corbin Middlemas covers the (1) Sydney Roosters v (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks match, but he could be doing AFL on Saturday. Quentin Hull does the Broncos match.

Sounds as though MMM will be at all venues rather than just at the Sydney games for finals.

2GB finals week 1

Good to see them actually at all the grounds for the finals.

1 Like

I reckon the Melbourne and Brisbane games might be called from the studio. The Macquarie document never differentiates between ground and studio calls.

So Mark Riddell could be a fake sideline eye?

Good point. No, Mark will probably be there. Whether the others will travel is questionable. It’s not uncommon for a sideline eye to be on-location while the commentators are in a studio. The other broadcasters do it too, except ABC Grandstand.

1 Like

NRL Nation coverage of week one of 2018 finals

In Melbourne, the qualifying final between the Storm and the Rabbitohs will be broadcast on Macquarie Sports Radio (Continuous Call Team) and ABC News Radio. MSR will also broadcast the other three finals into Melbourne.

1 Like

Odd that the Super network is not taking the early Saturday game but is taking the other three.
Edit: Oh, now I see, it’s because they are taking the AFL.

1 Like

Can’t one of them not take AFL instead of Panthers-Warriors? oh wait a minute, it’s a Swans match.

Quentin Hull did a double shift for ABC Radio yesterday. He commentated the AFL elimination final between the Swans and the Giants at the SCG, then walked to Allianz Stadium next door to call the NRL qualifying final between the Roosters and the Sharks.

1 Like

And he’s doing Broncos-Dragons today at Lang Park, no?

Andrew Moore called the Broncos-Dragons game.

NRL Nation coverage of week two of 2018 finals

NRL Nation coverage of week 3 of 2018 finals

1 Like

NRL Nation coverage for the grand final

In Melbourne, the grand final will be broadcast on Macquarie Sports Radio 1278AM and not on 3AW.