Nova Network

I guess the music director would report to the program director. Fitzy would ask Sarah if they had approval to play certain throwback songs in their show.

I wish they wouldn’t play any throwbacks at all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the last week, they’ve played two throwbacks that I can say I have never, ever heard before. Googling them I discovered that they had never even charted in Australia. I don’t know who picks these but they are certainly not songs that listeners would recognise as throwbacks.

PD isn’t even in the music meetings. Group Program Director is responsible for the playlist.

1 Like

Wasn’t Ben Latimer the PD at 5DN prior to its format change to Cruise?

Job movements at Brisbane’s Nova106.9

basic summery:

Tim Wong-See, who currently hosts the afternoon program has been axed.

Katie Mattin will take afternons and Greg Burns who will host a customised Brisbane show from the Sydney studio.

can’t see it going too well honestly. brisbane is a very parochial state and will turn fast when they know someone is not a local - just wait for him to have to pronounce Yatala or Rode Road and it will be clear the show isn’t coming from brisbane

Are you serious??? So Greg Burns is going to be hosting 9am on the whole East Coast?

Katie keeps her position as she is married to Jay Walkerden, Nova 106.9 general manager.

1 Like

Greg Burns will also be going to Adelaide too, taking Cale’s morning shift.

And no local news during drive anymore. Jeez Paul really thinks Australia is just like London/Manchester doesn’t he. He’s killing the identity of that network.

I doubt the localism will be that specific. It’ll be just down to 3 or 4 talk spots an hour with weather, upcoming events and callers for competitions. No matter how good the technology is, if you have to voice breaks for 4 different cities, they can’t be that frequent or indepth.

Just change it Capital and be done with it, honestly

Why are they axing Tim Wong See? he has been consistently number one in his afternoon shift. As a matter of fact his ratings have been higher then Katie’s survey after survey. It sounds like cost cutting to the max as Adelaide are sacking their morning DJ too.

How is Greg going to juggle two different playlists, for Sydney / Melbourne / Adelaide and Brisbane, as well as doing talk breaks for the other stations.Will Nova 106.9 be joining the Sydney log in the morning and returning to their own music log in the afternoon?

Tim and Katie have great banter with their listeners. Greg does not do this on Nova 96.9 so he will have to use a different style for Nova 106.9.

I cannot see this working well in Brisbane. Hit 105 should secure Tim Wong See and put him up against Greg Burns.

1 Like

Bad move from NE in Brisbane.

Because Katie is married to the GM.

Brisbane will move in line with the rest of the network I imagine. Melbourne and Sydney are identical from 9am - 5am so I imagine Brisbane will move in line as well, with the exception of the arvo shift (which is imagine would be the same songs but with different breaks)

Why? The talk breaks are literally identical on Melbourne and Sydney, except the Sydney reference is usually pulled out for the Melbourne breaks, and every now and then an ‘AAMI Park’ or ‘Rod Laver’ thrown in when talking about an artist’s upcoming tour.

Nova Brisbane talk breaks are different as they have silly callers ring up that joke with the DJ’s. I would not be surprised if these are fake callers anyway.

Is Greg Burns going to take these for Nova 106.9 or do his standard celebrity gossip / jokes, and what’s on at the insert city venue.

Will Throwback Thursday get axed from Nova 106.9 too?

I couldn’t imagine a network that axes local announcers really cares about keeping a consistent feel to the talk breaks… I would suggest they’ll be the exact same breaks and the exact same music log that runs on 100.3 and 96.9.

Why would it? Throwback Thursday runs on 96.9 and 100.3 as well…

Has that been confirmed?

Greg will never top the moment he walked about walking around the city the night before and seeing a huge line of punters outside the Metro Theatre for the (I think) Lewis Graham concert, and he had a chat to some of them and they were so excited to see the gig.

Unfortunately that concert was cancelled months prior.

Throwback Thursday was axed from Nova 96.9 / 100 / 919 at the beginning of 2017. Throwback Thursday now only consists of some throwbacks during the Breakfast show. It use to be all Throwbacks between 9-3pm

That’s not right. They call their programming at 9am Throwback on Nova and they say Throwback Thursday throughout the day.