Nova Network

Exactly. People will stay tuned longer if not for the whole day if there is variety.

1 Like

Nova is just starting to feel older skewing. Their breakfast show in Melbourne is all over (some well over) 35, Smallzy has been around ages, plus with everything networked, it lacks a proper Melbourne attitude after 9am now. It’s rather boring, only saviour is 4-6pm.

2 Likes

Smallzy certainly appeals to the younger generation though.
I’ll agree about the breakfast show, but I still listen to it (and i’m certainly not over 35 :stuck_out_tongue: )

I honestly don’t mind Greg Burns at 9am, but its still a shame that it is networked.

1 Like

Watched Classic Countdown tonight from 1978 and Molly was having a go at 3XY who were promoting an Aussie Supergroup event on television. He was pointing that all those groups had singles out at that moment but out of all those groups it was a disgrace that only two were actually being played by 3XY.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

3 Likes

In relation to the latest talent shifts, has anyone else heard about Nova offering Hughesy & Kate the drive spot over Fitzy & Wippa?

Why would Fitzy & Wippa move from breakfast? Breakfast is considered to be the ultimate spot in radio. They came from Drive to do Breakfast.

And whats happening with Kate Tim and Marty?

Kate keeps (jokingly) threatening to leave after this year, though I suspect they will all be back.

2 Likes

KTM will stay put. Given the numbers they bring in across the cap cities, I don’t think they’ll be going anywhere.

If you need further proof on why Nova Brisbane has the best music playlist of all the Nova’s, this below says it all, as its Music Director has won this year’s ACRA for Best Music Director (Metro) tonight:

2 Likes

From memory she won it last year as well.
How about they give her a promotion and make her group music director. Then she can implement the Brisbane music log across all Nova’s.

I had Nova 106.9 streaming in my truck today while working in Sydney and the playlist was superior to Nova 96.9’s.

1 Like

On top of the above, Nova 106.9’s Program Director, Jay Walkerden, has been awarded an ACRA for Best Program Director (Metro).

Kate Tim and Marty were named best FM on air team at the ACRAs tonight. Whether this will improve their ratings remains to be seen.

How would most listeners even know?

1 Like

Why would this improve their ratings? It’s an industry-voted award. Will Smallzy’s ratings improve given his award?

Does The Project’s ratings improve when one of its presenters wins a Gold Logie?

KTM are a pretty strong drive team, and their ratings are very good.

Ben Latimer has been appointed as the new Program Director for Nova 96.9 in Sydney, replacing Sarah McGilvray, who goes on maternity leave. She has accepted an on-air position on Fitzy & Wippa’s breakfast show when she returns from leave.

More: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/ben-latimer-replaces-sarah-mcgilvray-nova-pd

1 Like

Isn’t she already on air? Or are they saying it’ll become Fitzy, Wippa and Sarah in 2018? Officially?

Yes she was the Program Director and slowly her contributions until being constantly on air in the past couple of years. I guess she can’t do both and with a baby as well next year.

They’ve realised the value of her contributions and want to keep her on air so she’s officially part of the team now.

1 Like

Will Ben widen the playlist, and make it more edgier? Or more of the same?

Is the Program Director responsible for the playlist?