Ten (West Digital Television)

I can’t see Nine allowing any Sky News content on WDT as Nine owns 33% of Sky.

It’s my first mock picture.

2 Likes

That’s pretty good for a first mock.

4 Likes

If nobody owns rights to 9 content in WA then 9 could authorise any 9 channel via VAST couldn’t it?

Or would VAST disallow it?

VAST WA is administered by WIN and Prime, isn’t it??

WA SatCo runs/administers VAST for WA and is jointly owned by Prime and WIN.

Could Imparja be brought in temporarily before resorting to using Foxtel channels?

I would think anything could happen considering the circumstances. Imparja’s feeds could quite easily be fed into each transmitter site as a temporary measure, if Nine, WIN, Prime, Imparja and ACMA considered the situation and allowed for it.

I agree, they should do a deal with Imparja of some sort. Even Imparja is a far better situation than going independent.

1 Like

They should rewrite the rules and try to sell it to Imparja. If they can’t run a joint-venture they shouldn’t own one.

2 Likes

I believe I have a reason why Foxtel would want to GIVE its content to GWN/WIN.

1. experimental entry into FTA (Foxtel or News Corp)
  2. advertises Foxtel content / channels
  3. they cut a deal with 9 to put a 9 feed exclusively on Foxtel satellite for regional WA

Lots of regional viewers thinking

• fox does a good job with Aussie content
  • fox has some good standard channels
  • I want channel 9/go/gem/life
    … I don’t have much choice but to get Foxtel.

A foxtel owned and operated channel in current guise simply cannot work due to subscription content licensing from foxtel suppliers.

I doubt Imparja would be interested in taking on a service that almost certainly makes a loss. And i don’t think the market could support 3 competing operators. It’s probably barely sustainable now with just 2 operators, Prime and WIN.

Perhaps relays of existing channels are out of the question then. But Foxtel would still have content that wouldn’t be wrapped up in licencing like that. Their own production library would be big enough to fill a channel at least.

We’re online! Channel 9 is now showing on WDT.

(yes, I had that image prepared for 2 god damn days)

12 Likes

Really so they made a deal and 9 is back ?

I doubt it, i’m quite sure they all watching the election.

West Digital is back. Launched at exactly 7:30pm WST - 15 mins ago.

13 Likes

Thank god. You know, it shouldn’t have been out in the first place.

1 Like
13 Likes