Ten (West Digital Television)

About 4 last time I checked. They’ve all got Fox Sports.

3 Likes

I’m very surprised nothing has come to fruition. Will they leave it like this for the weekend?

Hopefully some family members who just moved to Geraldton doesn’t have plans to watch any shows on Nine…

Perhaps someone at Imparja can accidentally make it available in WA…

4 Likes

Agree Imparja should expand to WA and take over the JV. The days of unique presentations of Nine are next to over with 9NBN and SC9 just simple relays of their Metro Nine Owned and Operated Stations.

Wonder though how many VAST users will try and activate Imparja on their cards!

6 Likes

Sounds like a good business opportunity to record the shows and sell tapes on Gumtree… I know, completely illegal but these West Australians are gonna need their ACA fix!

1 Like

Meanwhile the Nine FB page is getting flooded with complaints of no Nine in WA. Primetime has hit so guess everyone is now finding out!

2 Likes

Yes, I wonder.

While it’s certainly not good that regional WA is (most likely temporarily) left without Nine programing, I would’ve thought that Nine content doesn’t/didn’t rate that well over there on the basis that GWN7 is in a ridiculously strong position for reasons that need no explaining.

In any case, I certainly do think that provisions will eventually be made for a Nine Network affiliation in regional WA whether a deal is made with Prime/WIN or another broadcaster like Imparja or SCA takes over the operations. And yes, I’m sure (or at least hope) that we’ll likely see this situation sorted out well before the Summer Of Cricket begins in November!

1 Like

It’s worse than that shitmess in 2007. Least no stations went black (well scenic loops). Some regions in WA simply don’t have fast internet access so the streaming is next to crap. Needs to be sorted ASAP. I think it will be sorted by early next week.

1 Like

The mining boom may have ended but there would still be quite a few FIFO workers in regional WA who will be missing the NRL tonight. Even if they could get decent internet connection, they wouldn’t be able to watch it.

6 Likes

There is quite a few Broncos fans in Regional WA

Well seeing as WIN control WDT’s transmission…

I’d say PRIME do admin/sales, etc?

I mean the press release did have “Prime Media” written first.

Mildura Digital Television is entirely operated & administrated by WIN I thought West Digital TV was broadcast out of Bunbury.

1 Like

JV ?

Joint venture - between WIN & Prime.

1 Like

I mean the press release did have “Prime Media” written first.

It would also be alphabetical order

The last time I checked, all metro and regional networks had national play-out centres, besed on the east-coast?

I believe WIN broadcast WDT from Ingleburn, Sydney.

correct.

1 Like

Can’t believe there’s still no service. I guess they’ve taken the weekend off now? What a let down…

1 Like