Ten (West Digital Television)

Oooo, we have movement!

One and Eleven are showing a Getaway special. Ten West is also showing a special but a different segment. No watermark on any channel.

EDIT: Just as I posted that, all 3 channels abruptly cut back to the loop (without ticker). Sigh.

1 Like

Would it be because the west has 4 different markets to cover versus the solo markets of Griffith, Mildura, Tasmania and Mt Gambier?

LOL youā€™d think weā€™re living in Korea with the way TV is being manipulated at the moment.

1 Like
1 Like

Donā€™t recall that one. Did Donnie Sutherland star in it?

Iā€™d say the sticking point would be how badly Nine performs in the West. I donā€™t blame WIN for not wanting to hand over a big chunk of the revenue pie considering Nine has always struggled to appeal to viewers in the west.

1 Like

WIN was ahead of Ten West over the last two available ratings months that I read. Of course are way behind GWN7.

All 3 channels now showing black.

Hopefully a good sign.

Channel names have changed to very generic ones now. Still black on all channels. Not a good sign at allā€¦

TV Tonight article with a link back to Media Spy:

3 Likes

After 45 minutes of black, the loops have returned.

1 Like

The banjo is back.

How long can this channel stay off air ?

You cant imagine very long - particularly given ACMA have become interested in the issue

the comment from ACMA about Bruce owning content that could be shown is an interesting one - I doubt its that simpleā€¦

I think that was added by Mumbrella. The ā€˜Sutherlandsā€™ mistake is an error I doubt ACMA would make.

I am seeing complaints on Facebook on 9HDā€™s page about people in regional Wa who are annoyed they cannot watch their shows.

One person said they have limited downloads so cannot just stream it .

Source: Channel 9 goes off air in regional WA after a programming stoush on the eve of election day - ABC News

1 Like

Lazy reporting not to fact check this. Literally the one example of Nine programming not at risk of not being seen.

1 Like

Cricket will air on SBS2 or SBS Food in the unlikely event that a deal hasnā€™t been reached by summer. I wonder how the NRL feels about being blacked out in the regionā€¦

How many NRL fans in regional WA?