Nine Tennis Coverage

Shouldn’t of said play by play but Lead Commentator, good to see Jim Courier leading the commentary tonight with Sam Groth on 9Gem. Courier will continue his trademark post game interview.

John McEnroe will commentate for Nine in the early matches as he is contracted with ESPN as well as Eurosport too.

James Barcey and Bec Madden doing a good job with hosting and presenting.

Interesting to see who will MC the presentation in the finals? Tony Jones or Cameron Williams …

Actually it’s not a practice court. Here’s today’s matches on court 22. Clearly that’s a screenshot of a match, umpires, ballkids, scores…

Seb Costello hosting coverage on 9gem

Have Courier and McEnroe commentated together yet? Be very disappointing if they’re not rostered together at some stage of the tournament.

Is the tennis live or delayed into Qld? No “live” on the screen…

The game was shown live in QLD. Normally QLD dont have daylight savings but in Victoria it is one hour ahead of QLD.

There is no ‘live’ watermark on any of the coverage AFAIK.

2 Likes

The match has gone past midnight and looks as though Tony Jones feels very tired. There weren’t a lot of people watching the match.
Tomorrow, Tom Steinfort will more likely present the sports on Today Show in Melbourne Park

Was there any suggestion Nine was going to show any of the tennis on delay in Queensland?

1 Like

Thanks. That was what I was asking :slight_smile:

Just wasn’t sure if what I was watching was live or played earlier… no “live” on screen…

1 Like

Same here. I saw a couple of minutes of coverage last night and didn’t know at the time that it was a replay of an earlier game. Perhaps (rather than adding clutter with ‘live’) there should be something on screen during replays.

1 Like

I definitely saw Nine using a TA graphic “replay” in the top left more than once so far during the coverage?

always the plan. TJ is Monday and Friday only.

I’m guessing Sam Stosur will now be available to Commentate on Nine after her usual first round choke at the Aussie Open.

1 Like

Nice to have Men’s Doubles game live on 9now. Good thing about watching the coverage on 9now platform is that there’s no ads during the match.

1 Like

There are ads each time you start stream though and the streams that have commentators seem to go to an ad at change or ends, after a set.

Tony Jones has taken over the host chair around 2:30pm (after not getting home until around 3am or so apparently and who knows how much sleep he had). He did pull out of 3AW today at the last minute however.

Bec Maddern hosting prime time tonight it would seem.

So looks like Nine are rotating hosts around and James Bracey and Erin Molan will probably anchor prime time at some stage soon.

1 Like

Or maybe they’ve swapped Tony’s and Bec’s shifts around for the next few days to avoid Tony having to forgo his 3AW commitments again

But Nine would’ve absolutely considered the possibility of matches going well past midnight, with a long track record at the Aus Open.

Maybe but I kind of doubt it?