Nine Tennis Coverage

Some caps of Bec Maddern presenting, seen here with Cameron Williams.

2 Likes

Nine doing a bad job in terms of commentator selection, main channel with an Aussie right before 6pm news and using some American?

Seven at least used to always (try to) use their or some Australian commentator, seems lazy and plain IMO.

Channel change advice

Some criticisms of Nine: no live bug with the watermark and it seems the commentary isn’t linked in with hosting. They’re just using the world feed.

But isn’t the world feed usually pretty good? One hate I had for Seven’s coverage is that the local commentators are worse than the world callers.

1 Like

Good. I prefer that Channel 9 presenters don’t become Tennis commenators like Zemplas and McLachlan on Channel 7

1 Like

Tony Jones hosting with John McEnroe for the evening session

2 Likes

Seb Costello hosting on 9Gem.

Give me a professional tennis commentator over Joanna Griggs any day.

3 Likes

Pretty sloppy first segment for the evening session. We missed Barty’s opponent walking out, and then commentators audio cut out mid conversation.

Ooops

9 Likes

Epic fail

2 Likes

Ask again in a few days at least, perhaps Saturday week.

SOrry about that. I stuffed up the poll.

What do you think of 2019 Australian open?

• Supercharged
  • Rather have it on Channel 7.
  • Started off well but gets boring at the end.

0 voters

Fee days? :thinking:

No worries, worthy question for later in the tournament.

My stupid phone has updated a dictionary which is anything but predictive, occasionally amusing constantly frustrating.

1 Like

I like the presentation but no Live is a bit confusing

Why does it need live? There is a clock on the court showing the time, so it’s not hard to workout?