Nine Tennis Coverage

I’d be shocked if the margin between those two was that close this year, maybe underestimated Men’s and overestimated Women’s?

Women’s final - 0.51m
Men’s final - 1.1m

4 Likes

Sadly, im not expecting a big number for the Women’s Final tonight. Between the 500-600k mark.

The Men’s Doubles finals is on tonight too, with two Aussies playing, and not much of a mention of them playing pn news sites, compared to the much hyped Special K’s (Kyrgios and Kokkinakis) playing. So that match wont sadly rate either

The linear audience for live sport has fallen off a cliff, and the numbers haven’t really translated into the digital numbers that much. For example, 9Now and linear television combined peaked at around 680,000 yesterday as opposed to viewership figures for semi-finals around 900k in the past. Now how much of that audience has shifted to Stan is hard to say without official figures. It’s the same case with cricket this year (not just the BBL), with overall numbers for Test matches down by 250k to 300k. It does seem bizarre that less people are watching live sport.

1 Like

It doesn’t help that neither sport has been awfully compelling for the casual fan this summer.

3 Likes

Yeah I felt I had the women’s a bit higher

2021 it was 849k
2020 it was 890k

Disappointed to find that the brand new ‘start over’ feature is not yet available on 9Now for mobile android devices (but tablet Apple it is which I had tried), wasn’t able to watch tonight’s Women’s Final Pre Show and was going to wind-back. Maybe they’ll upload or social media?

It is on mobile, just you can’t wind back once the program has ended, and also you can’t wind back during the tennis.

The program hadn’t ended and I’d been doing it on an iPad during the tennis, seems odd.

This should rate better vs what I thought. Good match.

5 Likes

Nine missed the start of men’s doubles final again, because the panel was chatting with women’s singles winner Aryna Sabalenka.

Fortunately the match is streaming in full on 9Now and Stan Sport.

5 Likes

I think it’s only for programmes under 2ish hours. So it doesn’t work during the tennis (I think) because it didn’t work on my iPhone during the tennis

3+ hours - no start over

2h10min - start over

2 Likes

Ah, that must be it, good pick up!

Yeah, I did one around say 6:20pm the other week, it would’ve been 9Go! (main) feed during News and the button appeared and it took me back to the 6 o’clock switch/supers/“CC” bug and yep that program is only 1 hour before reverting back at 7pm.

Yeah, it turned into a ripper, I think a lot of Aussies would’ve ended up investing in these new top players, you could tell the vibe was all for Sabalenka in the end (to nab her first - Rybakina already got one last year in London).

Did they? I think they might’ve actually made it bang on time, Johnson :slight_smile:

Edit: they did - just checked the alternate/raw world feed of this match on 9Now, live and matches exactly with Nine’s main channel which they took live from before the first point when Bracey threw to Psaltis

3 Likes

Diehards would no doubt had watched and I did enjoyed it.

1 Like

Was going to say, I saw the first point played on 9.

1 Like

Watching the Men’s Doubles final atm, and you can hear a Female director directing camera operators during moments of silence.

5 Likes

I watched it. But tbh i was more excited for the doubles hahah

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they crossed back in time. No warm up, toss etc but I thought they made the start.

3 Likes

Was that James Sherry (of children’s show A*Mazing) who did the MC for the Men’s Doubles Final Presentation? I know he does MC work for other tournaments too.

4 Likes

Nine definitely showed the start of the men’s doubles final.

4 Likes