Nine Tennis Coverage

Nine’s Melbourne-based coverage is tonight coming from the Footy Classified studio, after the Nine News studio was used last night.

1 Like

What about Kyrgios? He’s through to the next round.

1 Like

Day 2 Coverage of Wimbledon

3 Likes

Update:

Wimbledon is switching to the main channel on Saturday in AFL markets. starting at 7:30pm

9 Likes

Good to see Wimbledon on the main channel

5 Likes

Another update - Wimbledon on the main channel Thursday Adelaide, Perth plus moving to 9Gem (so in HD) in Melbourne (previously on 9Go).

3 Likes

Annoying that the Foxtel EPG hasn’t been updated with tonight’s schedule change.

No late channel change in Sydney/Brisbane for tonight’s Kyrgios v Tsitsipas match up? Nine has already moved tonight’s coverage to the main channel in AFL markets before the Kyrgios match was scheduled. So now with the confirmed schedule, why not do the same in Sydney/Brisbane?

Rugby union takes priority in Sydney and Brisbane tonight.

3 Likes

Nick’s match is going to be around 2-3am

2 Likes

Which should answer this:

And the change in Melbourne was made before the order of play was even announced, although there’s still plenty of other Australians in action beforehand.

If Aussies go into the Round of 16 / Week 2, Nine will be making plenty of main channel changes I’d say. @TV.Cynic

NB/ Just before any MS ‘gotcha’ moment, I realise I suggested network main channel coverage for tonight the other day, particularly with Kyrgios in mind, but was basing that on him playing at some stage between 8pm and 11pm or so (aest), not very early morning the next day.

I don’t think Melbourne dislike Union anymore than Sydney-siders and Brisbane people who don’t watch, it just appears, at least these days, a few more from mainly Sydney tune-in than Melbourne. Factors such as FTA AFL on Saturdays also wouldn’t help.

4 Likes

And now that they do know, it makes even more sense to move the Wimbledon coverage from 9Gem to Nine following the Rugby coverage.

3 Likes

At 8:33pm, 9Go Perth cut off the coverage while Wimbledon tennis resumed on GEM after rugby union game finished. I think they should put the Tennis on Nine in Perth instead of having a movie. Movies don’t rate high.

1 Like

Nine will be happy with the second week of Wimbledon

2 Likes

Day 6 - Wimbledon 2022 Pre Show

1 Like

Day 6 - Wimbledon coverage on main channel

2 Likes

Lol at going to 9Gem at 5am to show a lifestyle show during the Kyrgios match. Messed around with my recordings

5 Likes

Nine has moved Wimbledon to the main channel tonight.

8 Likes

Good move, especially with 4 Australians fighting for a place in the Quarterfinals
Kyrgios’ match will be on Centre Court from 10:30pm

3 Likes

If he doesn’t behave himself on court again he will be hit with another fine

3 Likes