Nine Tennis Coverage

Roland Garros Tournament Director, 2x Grand Slam Champion & Former WTA World No.1 - Amelie Mauresmo apologies for her comments when asked why there weren’t many Womens matches for the Night Sessions

2 Likes

Wimbledon Promo during Roland Garros coverage

5 Likes

Nine just promoted both Wimbledon and the US Open - in a small clip.

Wimbledon to start in late June with the US Open starting in late August.

7 Likes

Very BBC Sport-esque lower thirds.

The graphics are the same as the BBC, that’s what the world feed gives.

5 Likes

Let’s see if Nine choose to broadcast directly on-site at Wimbledon

2 Likes

Isn’t that what Nine’s Tony Jones is planning to do in London later this month?

2 Likes

Last year they aired from a studio in Sydney due to border restrictions.

1 Like

Can’t see why they would bother especially with Barty not there/Russians and Belrausians not playing

2 Likes

Probably already had this set out. And who knows, he might just be a correspondent at the matches.

Nine used to send some talent over to London

4 Likes

Unlikely. Sadly those days are over.

1 Like

8 Likes

Interesting to note that Nine will broadcast the opening day of Wimbledon on the main channel on June 27, to capitalise on the lead-in from Australian Ninja Warrior season premiere. The other nights will be on 9Gem and/or 9GO!.

4 Likes

WIMBLEDON 2022 - PRE SHOW - Monday 27th June 7:30pm 9GEM
Day 1
The most prestigious event on the tennis calendar is back. Join Roz Kelly and the Wide World of Sports team for Wimbledon 2022, live from the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club. Live play begins at 8:00PM AEST.

2 Likes

This is pretty poor imo. So like the French Open, Nine has decided the tennis is not worthy of main channel coverage anymore. They’re going to chop and change depending on the night or who’s playing.

What was wrong with the previous model of early coverage on multichannels followed by main channel coverage after primetime?

4 Likes

Maybe they make more money playing Home Shopping on the main channel?

If Nine are showcasing Wimbledon on 9GO, I will be so disappointed that I cannot watch the most prestigious grand slam in HD unless I pay for Stan Sport. I agree, Nine should revert to the model they used for tennis last year

3 Likes

Next week, early coverage of Wimbledon will be on 9GO! in AFL states on Thursday and Friday nights, due to live NRL on 9Gem.

2 Likes

Change to Nine’s Wimbledon coverage with main channel taking the broadcast at 9.30pm on Tuesday.

7 Likes