Ten (Tasmanian Digital Television)

Except for the different weather graphics font, you could be mistaken for thinking it’s a Nine Network-produced update!

Also, today was apparently Alexandra’s first day presenting the updates. Here’s a tweet from Thursday which is appears to give us an insight: Re, how the backdrop is produced:

4 Likes

It looks like the Southern Cross News set behind the key, or at least elements of it.

8 Likes

Notice the globe glitching on the super? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

For comparison, SXNews set (crappy iPhone screenshot):

2 Likes

Hmm. Looks to be a miniature version actually. Lonny studio?

4 Likes

The Nine updates are done in Hobart. Unless, of course, the two presenters have been moved from Hobart to Launceston.
Southern Cross do have the ability to do the news from Hobart. They regularly do the sport from here.

7 Likes

It’s pretty cool how they’ve designed a mini set instead of just using a screen.

Longer evening version:

What a stark contrast to the Canberra production. This is what happens when you let a professional news operation handle noodle updates. Love how they fade out the theme when showing footage. Really gives it that bulletin feel.

15 Likes

Not bad, Alex was definitely better in the evening update. Only thing that would be better if they kept a 9 News watermark up for the duration of the update.

4 Likes

Thanks for the uploads, I was trying to get them happening and was trying to get that one you posted up online.

Looking through at those behind the scene shots I would say it’s the Hobart SC studios which usually handles sport and some of the updates throughout the evening for SC. It’s like the Launceston one but does appear smaller and looks like they cover the desk for the TDT updates but they also have them standing, which is the same way they do the sport too and weather too. I think this still regularly comes from Hobart for SC News, because they’re so good at utilising the two studios and switching seamlessly between the two it can be difficult to tell.

I’m impressed with the swipe between stories on the TDT updates and they’re pretty good now with the footage and up to date. I’m pretty sure I heard one airing not long ago too, about 11pm so they seem to be putting many of them in now.

3 Likes

Are you able to upload it? I’d still like to see it in better quality.

4 Likes

Strange that they’d have the green screen key showing on their screen there instead of just displaying the final product, the update is only going out to one market after all!

2 Likes

Just to clear things up… they are identical sets in both Hobart and Launceston studios. When you say Hobart have the ability to present news from their studio, they do it most nights with sport so it’s more of a ‘thing’ than an ‘ability’.

2 Likes

This is pretty much what I said?

Then all these other people started speculating where they were there isn’t any need for speculation.

I guess here is very boring without the constant, sometimes frustrating, speculating.

They probably cover the desk when it’s not in use, and just don’t remove it for these updates at its out of shot.

Wow! What an improvement in only a couple of weeks! File vision has made all the difference.

Can they move the remaining operations to Tasmania? They’ve already got the graphics to pull off the Seven look.

2 Likes

Did they see Media Spy?

Four Updates from Yesterday:

5 Likes

Thanks @Abesty, gave up arguing with the computer last night and was hoping to get onto it tonight but it was one of those days at work and I’m trying to catch up now!

1 Like

These weather graphics are different from the Nine Metropolitan O&O stations (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth). Who organises the Graphics for weather - Southern Cross or WIN Television?

1 Like

I doubt WIN would have any involvement in this considering everything else is coming from Southern Cross

The rest looks like ‘official’ Nine gfx however

1 Like