Ten (Tasmanian Digital Television)

Still pretty rough that they don’t have any vision though. Even some generic file vision would even be a great improvement.

2 Likes

Still better than the wrong pictures all the time! Just watching Sully too (the movie not the member) and I’ve seen two updates during that so they’re running them quite frequently which is good. Of the three I’ve seen tonight they have all been different and I wonder if the talk that others mentioned of the possible launch of a bulletin could come to fruition in the coming months.

3 Likes

In-state production is also a big positive, even if it is just a small operation right now.

2 Likes

And it’s WIN who handle the advertising side of things, so maybe any sponsor board should reflect the Network attracting the sponsors?

It must’ve been my letter as a shareholder that did it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Alex Sykes doing the newsbreaks today, now with added pictures.

4 Likes

What does the format/pictures look like?

What they should do is have GTV record updates specifically for TDT given they’re promoting the Nine Melbourne product.

All they’d have to do is sub out the uber Melbourne stories and replace them with national stories that will feature in that night’s news hour.

There’s no point in pretending the channel has a Tasmanian news service, play up the strengths that you have.

That’s not to say a proper Tasmanian service shouldn’t happen… it’s just not going to.

As for GTV agreeing to do this… that’s another story… they wouldn’t do it for free… and wouldn’t be that interested in a channel where they don’t hold any financial interest.

2 Likes

I’ll get some caps or video later tonight but considering what we had up to a couple of weeks ago, these are fantastic!

Not sure why we’d need Nine Melbourne updates when we’re now getting this quality. People want local, even if it is short. We don’t want anything from another state. It seems Melbourne is like that too with every show needing to be told to them that it’s from Melbourne on Seven and Nine.

3 Likes

If they want local, they ain’t watching TDT.
News updates are promos for the main service, nothing more, nothing less.

They have to show content of local significance, so even if they don’t want to show Tasmanian news updates, they don’t have any choice.

1 Like

With what is being produced now and I’d say for not very many dollars at all, it’s perfectly acceptable and a huge improvement on what was there. Why go a step backwards to Melbourne where you’ll have people who can’t pronounce the names again or don’t understand… although half the Melbourne reporters at all the bulletins have done stints at Tassie bulletins in the past.

4 Likes

That’s an excellent point… nothing like regulatory compliance to force change

2 Likes

They’re essentially just pictures/footage from file.

1 Like

The supers look :heart_eyes:

Caps???

Coming!!

1 Like

Your excitement is making me nervous… Very… Nervous.

Apologies for VAST quality.

9 Likes

Better than I was expecting. Good on em!

3 Likes