Ten (Tasmanian Digital Television)

If you don’t mind.
I’d love to take a look

This is everything I’ve got. Credit to the original capper, whoever that was.

10 Likes

Ahhhh memories!

9Life has started, rough night with the kids so don’t know whether it started at midnight or 6am or in between. Also now shows as a proper channel on my Fetch which allows me to add to favourite channel list and has the name and EPG - it took a while before SNOW did the same so not sure if Fetch were more aware with this one.

All local ads and channel promos in the ad breaks too.

7 Likes

Could you upload it for me even if it is a month old?

1 Like

It looks like the TDT News Updates are now being presented in Tasmania, by a Southern Cross reporter:

19 Likes

A 1 million % improvement.

9 Likes

Those “Nine News Tasmania” titlecard/backdrop graphics were probably produced by the network themselves?

Either way, they’re definitely a million times better than the old “Local News Headlines” graphics!

8 Likes

Great stuff! Finally those generic local news updates are gone.

4 Likes

Do they have news bulletins in Hobart studios?

Great video and caps etc as always.

What males you think it’s a Southern Cross reporter?

That set looks like the Nine News regional set, so I’m guessing it was done out of GTV, where the Victorian bulletins are. I don’t think that Southern Cross would have replicated that set just for news updates.

It’s a green screen. Can be done anywhere.
If it was from Melbourne it would probably be in HD too.

7 Likes

So Nine doesn’t have a problem with an affiliate using their news brand in Tasmania but Seven does?

9 Likes

A quick Twitter search shows Ruby Commane is a 7 New Tasmania Reporter so it’s definitely being done from Tasmania.

8 Likes

And unless she’s moved up to Launceston these are done in Hobart.

4 Likes

A Seven presenter doing Nine branded updates? Surely she is a Southern Cross reporter?

2 Likes

Southern Cross Tasmania is known as 7 News Tasmania. Therefore she would be a Southern Cross Reporter.

2 Likes

rebranding still hasn’t happened. Though what the new name will be is still anyone’s guess.

2 Likes

Green screen and opener/closer gfx look legit … weather gfx not so much.

Launched on the same day as NBN News got their gfx update as well it seems

As opposed to the reporter… she’s paid by SCAustereo… so technically nothing wrong in reporting for both SX News and “9 News” Chicken flavoured updates

5 Likes

It looks really good. Interesting choice of theme music. It doesn’t feel like an update, more like a mini bulletin. They’re clearly using SC News Tas weather graphics, but I like how they’ve changed the icons and the super position to suit Nine News. Can’t really fault SC News Tas for their attention to detail.

7 Likes