Ten (Tasmanian Digital Television)

Interestingly the TDT website has the 9 logo on it again… They obviously can’t decide on a brand at all LOL anyway I sent an email to the general manager of TDT regarding the status of 9Life and got the typical one-liner response :rage:

Thank you for your email.

9Life wasn’t a part of the recent affiliation agreement with Nine. At the moment there are no current plans to broadcast 9Life.

2 Likes

So they have have http://www.tdtv.com.au. WIN must be incensed seeing all those Nine logos on there! :yum::grin: Hopefully they have decided to drop the newer style ‘TDT’ logo in favour of the 9 logo like in the other SCA9 regions.

Ha. Not sure what you were expecting with getting that stock standard response regarding 9Life. I’d be really surprised to see 9Life ever again broadcast here to be honest. There’s more chance of SCA picking up 7flix to broadcast locally IMO.
We should just be thankful that we got Nine + 2 out of the 3 multichannels down here at all considering how WIN feels about the whole situation.

3 Likes

Well I was hoping there would be a reason why it wasn’t included in the negotiations but I perhaps answered it myself. I basically said it’s not rocket science to run a business at a loss and was more looking for confirmation it was an economic issue rather than a technical one.

But as we have all speculated in the past, it seems the advertising market is just too small to make broadcasting viable.

1 Like

It’s not a case of some just slipping through either, will be interesting to see the next time TDT sponsor an event which logo is used. I reckon it caused confusion and turned off people advertising with them.

What they should be using is one incorporating both the logos like they did previously under Ten.

• i.e. ‘TDT 9’ and using the proper logo of course.
1 Like

It’s interesting to read all the comments purporting that ‘WIN must be incensed to see all those Nine logos on there’ when both WIN and SCTAS are 50% partners. One could argue that SCTAS was equally incensed to see all those Nine logos on there when in reality neither are really concerned about the web branding. The only reality is that branding aside, both WIN and SCTAS receive their share of revenue that TDT generates, it’s not about competition here, it’s about revenue.

As TDT Ten it was reportedly losing money. WIN and SCA would be both hoping that as Nine it becomes profitable, you would think.

1 Like

One would definitely expect that !

[quote=“2tribesmedia, post:26, topic:1725, full:true”]
It’s interesting to read all the comments purporting that ‘WIN must be incensed to see all those Nine logos on there’ when both WIN and SCTAS are 50% partners. One could argue that SCTAS was equally incensed to see all those Nine logos on there when in reality neither are really concerned about the web branding. The only reality is that branding aside, both WIN and SCTAS receive their share of revenue that TDT generates, it’s not about competition here, it’s about revenue.
[/quote]Hmmm. Someone can’t take an honest ‘joke’. :smirk: Mind you, wouldn’t surprise me if they were. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Noticed in today’s print guide that the Nine logo has made an appearance in its listing. Vale: New “TDT” logo. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Very interesting ordering of the channels: 5, 2, 3, 6, 8.

1 Like

Seems to now, by coincidence rather than planning, be alphabetical… 9, ABC, SBS, SCTV, WIN :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was in Hobart today and noticed that the signage has changed on the ABC building where TDT is and it is the Nine logo rather than the TDT logo. Not sure when it changed, the last time I was down there was late August I think and it was still the Ten logo then.

Wonder how long until Foxtel changes their logo for TDT to the Nine logo, seems to be about the only place with it now. Thankfully common sense prevailed. Although on The Advocate and The Examiner websites in the TV Guide section it still has the TDT Ten logo. Looks funny with that logo and Nine News being listed.

4 Likes

[quote=“ando9185, post:33, topic:1725, full:true”]
I was in Hobart today and noticed that the signage has changed on the ABC building where TDT is and it is the Nine logo rather than the TDT logo. Not sure when it changed, the last time I was down there was late August I think and it was still the Ten logo then.

Wonder how long until Foxtel changes their logo for TDT to the Nine logo, seems to be about the only place with it now. Thankfully common sense prevailed. Although on The Advocate and The Examiner websites in the TV Guide section it still has the TDT Ten logo. Looks funny with that logo and Nine News being listed.[/quote]The Ten logo is what you meant rather than than the actual “TDT” logo on the signage - only the WIN map and the proper Ten logos were ever present on it.

I passed it only a couple of weeks ago and nothing had changed, so it’s only something really recent. So what’s on it now? Don’t tell me they have all three WIN, Ten, and 9 logos on it now?! :neutral_face:

Not only just The Advocate and Examiner sites guides still use it. The Ebroadcast guide along with the Ourguide and Freeview guides still use the “TDT” logo. YourTV guide has updated to the Nine logo however.

I wonder whether the use of that newer TDT logo caused some confusion, hence now displaying the proper network logo…?

1 Like

Given that 9Life doesn’t actually air in Tassie. Do you ever see any 9Life promos or lineups sneak through on the other 9 channels?

I’m also assuming ACA would say “Melbourne’s No. 1” in Tassie?

1 Like

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:35, topic:1725, full:true”]
Given that 9Life doesn’t actually air in Tassie. Do you ever see any 9Life promos or lineups sneak through on the other 9 channels?[/quote]Promos, not really. Only if SCA are experiencing one of their off days of terrible timing errors which slips through Melbourne’s dirty feed. Lineups, yes. But these come directly through 9 metro like all the other SCA9 stations. They still like to tell us regional viewers that 9Gem is on LCN 92 on the combined lineups from 9 metro. :expressionless:

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:35, topic:1725, full:true”]
I’m also assuming ACA would say “Melbourne’s No. 1” in Tassie?[/quote]Correct. It’s not “Tassie’s No. 1”. Just to add, any “Made in Melbourne” promos (Hot Seat for example) come through as such with no edits. SCA make it as easy as possible on themselves. :grin:

1 Like

I was expecting to see the new TDT logo (which now appears dead) in place of the old Ten logo.

The Ten logo is now a 9 logo, so there’s WIN, Nine and ABC logos on there.

1 Like

[quote=“bubandbob, post:31, topic:1725, full:true”]Very interesting ordering of the channels: 5, 2, 3, 6, 8.[/quote]The Sunday liftout guide has the ordering as follows - 2, 6, 5, 8, 3. However, The TV Week has 3, 2, 6, 50, 80 (they display the HD channels instead of the SD channels).

[quote=“ando9185, post:37, topic:1725, full:true”]
I was expecting to see the new TDT logo (which now appears dead) in place of the old Ten logo.[/quote]Seems like it is. Apart from a few of the online guides, all the print guides now have the 9 logo instead.

[quote]The Ten logo is now a 9 logo, so there’s WIN, Nine and ABC logos on there.
[/quote]You didn’t happen to get a pic of it did you? I wonder how many would get a little confused seeing both the WIN and 9 logos on there now (seeing as up until a few months ago they were one and the same thing in the general populations opinion).

Nah, unfortunately I was already pushing it by going that way to check it out. Should have had the dashcam in.

Noticed today too that The Advocate has also reverted back recently to calling it Nine instead of TDT (they don’t have logos). They called it Nine for the first few days and then called it TDT. It’s looking like the TDT brand will be dead in Tasmania.

2 Likes