Nine Publishing

Following The Australian and the Financial Review, The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald have introduced a new weekly media section from today.
The Age columnist and former chief AFL writer Caroline Wilson will deliver the Andrew Olle Media Lecture in Sydney this Thursday.

All on the one day? These newspapers sure are smart!

The SMH has had a weekly Media & Marketing section for many years which has shuffled around the week. Is it just bigger now and on Monday?

1 Like

I reckon SMH’s media section is settling on Mondays from now on.

2 Likes

Dear Fairfax

For the love of f##king god, STOP RINGING ME DURING THE WORK DAY. I do not want the paper copy of the SMH, even if its free for the first few months. I already pay for it, and your rivals over at News actually offer a decent deal for teachers and an even better deal for Kings members. Unlike…you.

I cannot stop a class to take a phone call, in case I BLOW UP DELUXE. I’ve told your telemarketers that NO, I’'m not interested, and that you rang during SCHOOL HOURS and that I AM A TEACHER. Put 2 and 2 together.

Dickheads. :rage:

2 Likes

You need to put your number on the “do not call register”. If they call you after that, they can be fined.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

2 Likes

Fairfax said he didn’t present a superior proposal as Fairfax says there was no actual proposal from him. Too little too late.

Agree, it’s far too late. He’d know better than this poor timing. There’s another motivation here.

1 Like

High end journalism since the Nine takeover :unamused:

is it only an “exclusive” because literally nobody else gives a sh!t

10 Likes

Domain has made its acquisition since the completion of merger between Nine and Fairfax. Domain has bought Commercial View for at least $4.2 million.

1 Like

What is their purpose?

From Domain’s press release:

CommercialView is a commercial property digital listings platform that is owned and supported by some of Australia’s leading commercial real estate agencies in Victoria and New South Wales.

1 Like
2 Likes

Not the first time this has happened. This literally happens in media every week.

1 Like

Moreso with the outsourcing of sub editors to external companies paying staff/contractors less for the same job.

1 Like

Is this the level of quality journalism we should expect, now that the Sydney Morning Herald has merged with Nine?

This sort of speculation story was once found in New Idea of Woman’s Day but they’re busy making up fake stories now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Another sign of the merger/takeover with Nine

1 Like

to be fair, wrap around ads like that are nothing new for either The Age or the Herald Sun.

4 Likes

Did anyone read the correction on p.2 of Saturday’s Herald?

Bottom left hand corner, an apology and correction four months on after reporting a QC had been jailed for tax offences. Never charged let alone investigated.

If it takes four months for a senior QC to receive an ‘apology’ (don’t think a small article hidden on p.2 suffices), what hope do the rest of us have when Fairfax decide to go on a crusade without proper research?

3 Likes