Nine On-Air Presentation

Something I was meaning to mention last night: Ten (or 10) isn’t the only network with a “Bohemian Rhapsody” Movie Tie-In Ident…

5 Likes

What a copy cat act! Fark really!

1 Like

Haha, I knew you’d say that!

But in general, I would’ve thought that concepts for Sponsored/Movie Tie-In Idents get offered to all three networks. I can only guess that both Nine & Ten decided to take up the “Bohemian Rhapsody” offer.

1 Like

Credit Union Christmas Pageant on Nine SA. Presented by Brenton Ragless and Kate Collins

Jesus, Father Christmas has sure slimmed down!

2 Likes

The Synergy Xmas Light Trail promo on Nine Perth feat. Scherri-Lee Biggs

And Your Money’s Auction Day promo on Nine as well

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History

‘The Santa Clause’ Ident:

6 Likes

The sad thing is, that might be as close as we’ll get to a decent Christmas Ident from Nine this year.

Surely I can’t be the only one who’s expecting either nothing or a rerun of the “Dancing Bauble Man” IDs this festive season? Oh how I miss the days when they’d get network personalities involved…

4 Likes

They certainly were nothing to write home about.

Is that not just a generic Christmas ID, as Nine have been leaders at doing for years now?

I don’t see any offical or clear reference to Disney’s “The Santa Clause” (which incidently Nine have acquired)?

You had inverted commas, hence this comment, otherwise I would’ve assumed you just meant a generic Santa

“…Santa Clause is coming to Nine” - Yeah, I reckon that has to be a promotional thing!

If it were a generic Christmas Ident, I somehow doubt Nine would heavily feature snow (yes there was 2009 but that was kind of meant to be a tie-in for the 2010 Winter Olympics) in it.

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that Tim Allen dressed as Santa in that snow globe?

Now, which movie did he play that character in… :thinking:

6 Likes

Uhh yes there is, the second clip is from the ending of “The Santa Clause 2”

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction, I didn’t have the volume on, Doh! :pensive: I also couldn’t quite make out Tim Allen (thought it was a doll!) so I think Sully needs glasses and Zampa has a photographic memory too.

1 Like

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History

Geez mate it is still only November! Heaps of time! :wink::joy:

5 Likes

I know right! Omg I’m pretty ashamed :pensive:

Btw, coincidental, just watched the two-part ‘Hollywood’ ep on 7flix (S4 premiere), some of Kramer’s best and some bloody great lines between Jerry and George along the way. Also a very rare no Elaine appearance at all. Aged well, we’ll never seen anything that matches Seinfeld again IMO.

Is this a new style of pop-up?

1 Like