Nine On-Air Presentation

Gee, I didn’t know A-380’s existed in 1997?

15 Likes

I guess the graphics department must be dreamin’ :joy:

9 Likes

1 Like

@Zampakid IMO Nine’s movie bumpers are possibly the worst part of their presentation. So archaic now. Most networks don’t use them these days, I feel adds more to clutter and makes ads more obvious. Don’t know what others think or if anyone else really cares?

I’ve noticed the odd film in recent times where Nine haven’t bothered with any, usually a network premiere.

3 Likes

TBH, I don’t really care whether Nine (or other TV networks for that matter) use breakbumpers for their movies or not.

3 Likes

Full screen logo to end NRL promo

7 Likes

Seven have done that with their AFL since 2017, ending with a whopper of a size “7HD”.
With Matt Wills V/O “…Friday on 7 and 7HD” ridiculously autotuned booming tone.

Not sure it’s really needed though.

1 Like

Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers sponsorship elements

7 Likes

A random (and probably pointless) comparison video of a Twister promo:

7 Likes

13 Likes

Wow, that’s really bad :flushed:

8 Likes

Just as bad as Nine’s AFL promo in 2001 after it secured the AFL TV rights for 2002-2006.

I don’t think we really need that comparison?

Have to start somewhere and it’s more of a teaser/ident. I don’t mind it, does what it’s intended.

Great capture, interesting.

With market splits in these situations, Nine seem to just change the V/O and end tag. Seven seem to just change the graphics and end tag. Though with both not always.

Not at all, that’s what makes users and MS great, individual taste. Can’t be worse than some of my ‘random and seemingly pointless’ comments, albeit with good (archival/of interest) intentions when it comes to caps.

3 Likes

When a movie is shown in the main channel in some markets, and on a multichannel in others (and at the same time, of course), do they tend to play out in sync?

1 Like

No, not remotely.

1 Like

Looks and sounds like a promo for 9Go

Cut out the first 25 seconds out of the promo and it would be alright

In Melbourne near the end of the movie “Twister” (1996) last night, the credits started but after the director’s credit a split screen briefly popped up with a short promo for the succeeding movie “Dante’s Peak” (1997), before disappearing and credits continuing. Reminds me of what Ten did it similar years ago.

Hadn’t seen that and I like it, better than blocking all the credits with a split screen that goes for the duration or removing the credits altogether (wink wink at another network).

Maybe @Zampakid or someone has an example.

5 Likes

Geez that’s a horrible ECP

1 Like