Nine News Local

Nine Regional would be a demotion for Danielle, she’s Chief of Staff at Nine Sydney.

5 Likes

Vanessa O’Hanlon is barely familiar with Sydney localities so she would hardly have a clue about various areas around NSW regional centres. I’m sure I heard her refer to Barangaroo as Bangaroo last night. I’ll never understand why they felt a born and bred Melbourne girl would be appropriate for a NSW regional bulletin.

3 Likes

Danielle Post would’ve been good, but to me I feel like the role of Nine News Canberra/SNSW should be given to someone who is familiar with the people of Sydney/NSW, and my preferance (although not everyone will agree with me) is Jayne Azzopardi. Put Vanessa on Weekend Today or something.

Apologies for the glitches (red screen/pixels) and the odd jump. Some reason there is the occasional encoding error, which sometimes drops audio and puts the picture side out of sync.

1 Like

Jayne is actually an Ex-WIN News Riverina and Illawarra Journo although hasn’t been in those stomping grounds for many years, but has the profile from her Nine work.

Maybe they should of thrown some cash at Natalie Forrest from Prime7? At least she’s known in Canberra and Wollongong from the news updates there and presented the Prime7 Riverina and Central West bulletins at one point. Maybe she wouldn’t relocate or thought it was too much of a side step.

People like Julie Snook (ex- Southern Cross), Erin Willing and Dimity Clancey (both ex-WIN) have previously worked in the region. In fact there were rumours that Julie would take over presenting WIN Canberra News when Danielle Post left. Wonder if any of those were offered the role?

1 Like

i will be watching 9 western Victoria on monday thats for sure

Yes they have. By Southern Cross in the 1990s in Bendigo/Gippsland… and the Bendigo bulletin also later extended to cover Shepparton and Ballarat. Plus they had at least two attempts at a statewide “national” news bulletin from Bendigo.

And they’ve had competition from Prime in Albury since forever

9 Likes

Are you suggesting that journalists should only ever work in the city in which were raised, so they know exactly how to pronounce suburb names without checking? That would also mean that no Australian journalists should be allowed to read out interstate place names ever or even mention cities in other countries. Utter nonsense.

1 Like

I’d love to see Christine Kininmonth (TV-8, CTC and ABC) in the chair should Vanessa not pan out. Her CV covers Vic, NSW and ACT.

1 Like

SC News updates still look like this in Queensland :frowning:

3 Likes

Christine Kininmonth part owns and runs a successful business and has a job with a training company. She seems to be very busy.

1 Like

Of course not. That’s a ridiculous assertion. I’d expect a newsreader of a flagship bulletin to have at least some experience and knowledge of major localities in the state in which they broadcast. As far as I can tell O’Hanlon’s career has primarily been in Melbourne.

2 Likes

With TCN’s move to new premises in North Sydney, will the regional SNSW bulletins get a half-decent practical set? Or will they get a better quality keyed set? Or keep to the status quo?

1 Like

Knowing that the move to North Sydney will be in about three years time, I’d hardly be one to predict what sort of set any news/current affairs programs will be using at the new facilities at this early stage.

9 Likes

Theyll end up getting some decent views, depends on what levels they have. Perfect for backdrops

2020 is an eternity away. I’m sure they’ll have far more important things to worry about in making the move.

7 Likes

Then there would be endless complaints about not having a wheat field or a nondescript little bridge as the backdrop.

3 Likes

Assuming the regional bulletins are even still running in 2020, I think we can safely assume that the new facilities will be specifically setup to better cater for the regional bulletins. From the ability to more easily broadcast 2 bulletins at the same time, studios with better facilities and space, desks for staff of both bulletins being both close enough to collaborate and far enough apart to not get in each other’s way - I think they’ll definitely help in delivering a quality product.

However, I think specifics on what they do with sets etc is too hard to guess - although could be guided by what they choose to do with the Victorian and Queensland bulletins- as they do not have an existing news studio to repurpose, they could end up with a different approach to what SNSW are getting.

3 Likes

Does any one know if nine news Western Victoria have a Facebook pages or Twitter can’t find one

Someone needs to tell Vanessa to stop using the word ‘gotten’ - actually it’s not even proper english. I was taught in grade 5 that words such as got and gotten are poor english.