Nine News Local

Nathan read the weekend sport for Perth over summer. Odd choice, but he is not bad.

You call them steamed markets despite the fact that they’re obviously streamed?

9 Likes

Seymour, the house is being steamed!

No mother that’s just the Nine Playout Centre.

14 Likes

Why don’t Nine reproduce the far LHS of the national set backdrop and a reconfigured desk for use in the regional bulletins? Or, if desperate, key in that section onto a chromakey set.

It would certainly look more interesting that what they have already, and would tie into the metro set used in promos.

2 Likes

Hello Vanessa :wave:

Who just pronounced outgoing Australia Post CEO Ahmed Fahour as “Ahmed Fi-oar” :confused:

[Nine News Illawarra, LCN 5, Nine Sth Coast]

5 Likes

So how do the backgrounds of these bulletins work? Because the background is local all bulletin?

Green screen, of course! :wink:

1 Like

The physical backdrop behind Vanessa is a ‘green screen’ allowing the outlets to each region to put the local backdrops on for the live feed.

3 Likes

Oh I see, I thought that might of been the case. As someone who doesn’t know about TV tech, I think it’s pretty cool

If the regional bulletins used a generic Nine News logo or OTS story graphics for the opening story instead of the poorly-selected keyed local imagery, they could do an opening zoom shot like Nine News Now. The studio has that capability, as seen in the video above.

6 Likes

Not quite sure what a lighthouse has to do with the NSW South Coast… But anyway.

2 Likes

You know what the purpose of a lighthouse is, right?

8 Likes

No, not really.

I had always thought it was a tall structure that flashes a pretty bright light for effect?

2 Likes

That’s enough internet for me today.

22 Likes

It’s not a photo of just any lighthouse, but the Wollongong lighthouse! :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly.

What exactly does the Wollongong Lighthouse have to do with the NSW South Coast?

1 Like

It’s right near the Wollongong CBD, so it’s very recognisable to those in the Illawarra.

3 Likes

Obviously Wollongong is the dominant city in the market

1 Like

If the local content of Nine News Illawarra is anything like that of WIN News Illawarra, it’s probably very Wollongong/Nowra-centric outside of the Weather which does cover the full viewing area.

It’s understandable that the bigger population areas get the most coverage, but you do have to wonder if viewers further down the South Coast and in the Southern Highlands identify with the Wollongong/Nowra-centric content.

6 Likes
7 Likes