Nine News Local

Argh! The lack of opening headlines annoys me so much!

At least there was some acknowledgement of the new bulletin.

11 Likes

Yeah what’s with the no headlines?

4 Likes

Where have you been the last week? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Just used a Illawarra report on the Canberra bulletin.

3 Likes

I forgot to comment on it with regards to Canberra lol. I would have thought that, perhaps, maybe they would have added them for the Illawarra bulletin. Maybe it’s just too difficult for Nine to do headlines for different regions?

18:09 and Vanessa read the Illawarra council mergers bit on 9News Canberra, then a Canberra story.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Teething problems I would say

2 Likes

How can it be so hard to pre-record openers for each region? WIN seems to handle a full 30-minute bulletin for each region.

7 Likes

They’re possibly using them to replace all those Sydney filler stories from last week. Another Illawarra story is now.

Also live cross to Neil Breen about champion horse Winx at Randwick.

Ridiculous to have local government issues in an area hundreds of kilometres away airing in a “local” bulletin. This is amateur hour. I didn’t expect much but this really is a pathetic attempt from Nine.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far; council amalgamations have been a big issue for NSW state politics (so may be of some interest to NSW viewers in the broadcast area), so definitely not as irrelevant as a local Sydney story.

5 Likes

Oh agreed. They just appear to have no idea what they’re doing

4 Likes

Live cross

8 Likes

I was looking at some playout software for something unrelated and I’ve found, all you need is a good Video card and a good CPU.

Examples:

http://www.xeusmedia.com/en/product/xeus-automated-playout

What downgrade for Illawarra viewers. I’ve counted more stories from the ACT than from Wollongong.

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound good at all

I take it Illawarra got the ANZAC test story?

Yep.