Nine News Local

How is that different from what SC Nine already does in their remaining markets?

It could have been worse for 7,9,10 & affiliates, had Australia gone down the deregulation route NZ did, otherwise Pay-tv would be stronger and they’d likely have had more multi-nationals starting TV stations in the 90’s & 00’s… it would have been farewell to the old networks’ tidy little cartel.

But as this is a news thread, I shall digress.

Let’s use correct terminology

No bulletins were axed

There is one bulletin in the regions in Queensland that has 7 local break out Windows and branding elements

It is one bulletin - with 7 local branding elements and windows

2 of those have been axed

No bulletins have been axed

Tell that to the Mackay and Toowoomba journos that got cut loose.

3 Likes

The Darling Downs bulletin was replaced with the one coming from Brisbane. That area now receives 9 news from Brisbane.

2 Likes

Not sure if this was a technical blooper or possibly a sign that changes have been made to the bulletin, but Nine News Illawarra started tonight without a proper opener. A generic “Nine News Illawarra” titlecard was used (it did not feature the Sea Cliff Bridge in the background as it normally does) and the globe animation was frozen until the “with Vanesssa O’Hanlon” voiceover was spoken. It didn’t appear to be a technical blooper, but who knows really.

1 Like

Sounds like a blooper to me.

They wouldn’t normally deliberately make a change like that on a Friday.

1 Like

Video of the blooper during the Opener:

2 Likes

Here is an old archive story of when Nine News Darwin celebrated 30 years of news in 2012. It shows alot of their “News at 7” segment when they first launched.

6 Likes

Have Nine starting going with the same route Nine News Canberra/Illawarra did from launch with openers back in the very early days?

Clearly a technical problem.

3 Likes

Natassia Apolloni presenting sport

3 Likes

The weather preview at the start of the bulletin needs to be it’s own local window.

Maybe three different grouped versions,
NQ (Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton),
SQ (Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast),
NT (Darwin).

The weather preview that aired statewide tonight was nearly entirely about Darwin, talking about the amount of rain “we’ve” seen in Darwin this month compared to average, and the rain forecast ahead, with a brief mention of Ex-TC Oma at the end.

Watching this from a local perspective, it seems really bizarre to be hearing all about Darwin

5 Likes

That happens on NBN News too, whereby Newcastle weather typically dominates the preview.it, which will probably irk northern viewers.

1 Like

About time Darwin gets a mention lol

1 Like

It’s so dodgy. At least for NNSW viewers the locations mentioned aren’t too far away.

Here I am in NQ hearing detailed weather for a city that’s not even in the state!

2 Likes

To me, it seems obvious that there needs to be at least one localised Weather Preview during the Regional bulletins (including NBN).

From what I’ve seen, Nine News Sydney airs three Weather Previews (1st segment, pre-Sport which is possibly recorded and one in the final segment before Finance & Fuel + Weather) before the main forecast most nights!

1 Like

9 news western victoria local window went for 6.40 minutes which included ballarat reaction to george pell

Zarisha Bradley from Mackay bulletin is now appearing on Darwin.

1 Like

Good to hear that she has been redeployed elsewhere within Nine, she seemed to be a really good reporter