Nine News Local

QLD and NSW are getting the local news. Maybe GTV had no one to anchor.

He is all week.

Old post I know, but Shepparton do get all of Seven News Melbourne.

2 Likes

Carrie-Anne Greenbank presenting in Victoria tonight.

2 Likes

The bulletin is also having highly relevant local content including Melbourne’s Boxing Day sales and minor Melbourne crime. Only one local news report so far.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Former Win News Meteorologist Hannah McEwan has joined Nine and is presenting the weather in Victoria tonight. Not sure what her role will be.

5 Likes

Her Instagram bio says she is a Nine News Weather Presenter/ Meteorologist. I think she might end up on weekend weather duty instead of Justine.

4 Likes

Hopefully she gets the opportunity to fill in on the Melbourne bulletin in 2019.

6 Likes

hey @SydneyCityTV - here’s your cue to try and get her onto TCN News :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thursday & Friday -

Carrie-Anne Greenbank presenting in Victoria.

2 Likes

Queensland tonight

3 Likes

I don’t get it, the regional bulletins require 2 people still where the other interstate versions only need 1 and they don’t put 2 people on the Brisbane bulletin which generally has 2 people?

6 Likes

They have done solo presenters on occasions.

QLD caters for eight regional markets, including Darwin- the largest area of coverage for Nine News. So when you add recording 7 local windows to general reporting duties of writing, editing, VOs and news updates, it makes for a very heavy workload for one person.

Why did they get Jono Uptin to join Sam in the first place? Because that is the model for Nine’s QLD market- double headers.

2 Likes

Oh my those sets look horrible! :persevere::persevere:

2 Likes

Monday 31 December -

Carrie-Anne Greenbank is presenting in Victoria again this week.
With Hannah McEwan also presenting weather again this week.

3 Likes

Jane Goldsmith is presenting the weather for NSW/ACT

8 Likes

Seems like everyone else in the presenting team is on holiday.

Who is presenting the Regional QLD edition currently?

I’m overseas at the moment and keep seeing videos posted by 9 News QLD of Samantha Heathwood presenting the Brisbane bulletin

Mia Glover.

1 Like

From the “Today” thread:

That’s interesting to hear! I wouldn’t have thought that Vanessa O’Hanlon would do community work like that here in the Illawarra, because as you might know, the Nine News Illawarra bulletins are produced in Sydney.

1 Like