Nine News Local

I wish Nine would stop putting the Andrew & Melissa endboard on the end of videos they post on the regional pages. I keep seeing these all the time!

2 Likes

Agreed.

While I’m still here, we’re now only three nights away from the end of the 2018 ratings season so the question has to be asked. We all know how the capital city editions of Nine News have been rating during 2018 (OK in Sydney & Melbourne, poorly in the other three markets), but does anyone know how the regional editions have been faring during the first full year for local editions of Nine News in all markets? Are Nine News’ regional bulletins competitive in the ratings against the offerings of Seven/Prime7 and WIN?

Somewhat disappointing that there was a few drips and drops of coverage for regional TV news ratings last year, but so far this year nothing!

2 Likes

Probably due to the fact that this website doesn’t (AFAIK) have an agreement with Regional TAM to publish anything.

Paul Taylor anchoring QLD solo tonight

1 Like

I think this started yesterday, 9 News Central Victoria is now showing 7 day forecast for Echuca. I am surprised it took them this long

Yeah, I guess so. But even getting a vague idea from press releases and articles from the local newspapers would be good!

Hopefully some stuff will come out over the next week or so.

2 Likes

Nine News North QLD from last night. Video jumps a little at times, wasn’t broadcast like that, just an issue with my recording.

This is the full segment through to the first ad break. As you can see bushfire coverage continued for the first 11 minutes of the bulletin.

Last segment of the bulletin after last ad break, including weather and closer.

2 Likes

The discussion was on 9GEM in Central NT though, which is in fact broadcast live from Sydney. Meaning programming scheduled for 8:30pm does actually air at 7:00pm NT time in Central NT

2 Likes

about time and about time that the Goulburn Valley get there own broadcast instead of listen about what going on in Bendigo or Albury all the time. Nearly Nil Local sports coverage and lucky with one story about the GV based story. All about Albury /Wodonga

1 Like

No presenter on the endboard of SNSW promos, as Vanessa is currently on holiday:

6 Likes

Samantha Heathwood presenting solo in QLD tonight

1 Like

Monday -

Andrew Lund presented in Victoria tonight.

1 Like

Watching tonight and a story was included in the local window which mentioned an incident that the reporter said happened “yesterday”.

Yet it would be well known by anyone watching that the story concerned was actually from Sunday, and the CCTV footage shown also clearly had “Sunday” written.

Possibly a story held over that couldn’t be included in yesterday’s window?

2 Likes

The current topical promos for Nine’s regional bulletins certainly aren’t going to win awards. But compared to the quality of some local news promos I’ve seen from Prime7 and WIN over the years, Nine’s promos aren’t that bad.

Nine’s strategy with regional news & their flagship metro news still seems a bit confusing.
As an example, the top story on both bulletins was the flash flooding that cut off the Hume Highway near Wangaratta, requiring those stranded to be airlifted from their cars.

9 Border North East — Chris Mitchell report with live cross on scene
9 Melbourne — Carrie-Anne Greenbank report with live cross on scene

Wouldn’t it make more sense to fully utilise their regional resources a short drive from Albury, rather than the approx 5.5 hour return trip (not including all the road blocks!) just to have a metro reporter cover it for the metro market?

6 Likes

Nicole Rowles and Paul Murphy presented in Queensland/Darwin tonight with Sophie Ryan on weather.

Brisbane reporter Adam Jackson presented sport (the first time Paul Murphy hasn’t presented since he started, as far as I know).

1 Like

I do tend to agree with that.

Though I guess the Chris Mitchell report has a more local angle to it and being a more familiar face to Border North East viewers.

The same happens here in Northern NSW with NBN and Nine both covering the same item with their own reporters.

2 Likes

This happens on Nine News Sydney (particularly with reports from Northern NSW) all the time, so it’s somewhat reassuring to hear that “metro-fication” of regional news is also happening South of the Border.

2 Likes

Some caps

3 Likes

I liked Paul in the anchor chair-much more than Adam Hegarty.

Paul Taylor was at a community event in Cairns, QLD. They crossed to him live at 6.20.

1 Like