Nine News Local

From a content/On-Air perspective, TDT is more or less programmed as if it were an SCA Nine (and before the affiliation switch, SC10) station without local news isn’t it?

Either Nine forgot to record an “up next” promo, or SC stuffed up.

Tonight in NQ when Eddie said we’d go to a news break during Hot Seat, SC9 played a CSA instead of the usual news update.

1 Like

I wish they’d edit some of the stories sometimes.

A story aired on the Regional QLD bulletin tonight from Neary Ty, and part way through the story, she was talking about how animals can donate blood and mentioned that they need “to live in Victoria”.

Looked fucking stupid on a bulletin that airs in Queensland!

Similarly, I’ve seen stories from Sydney reporters recently where local Sydney suburbs have been mentioned as if they were just around the corner.

2 Likes

Although I’m a bit late to the party on this one, can we also agree that not running a special weekend edition of Nine’s regional bulletins last Sunday night (for State Of Origin 2) was a major missed promotional opportunity?

All State Of Origin & NRL Finals nights are probably among the most watched nights of TV in Southern NSW/ACT and Regional QLD all year that Nine’s regional editions need to be on-air for (even if it’s just a generic statewide broadcast with local weather at the end) in the future IMO.

7 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t like to see that kind of thing happen as

1. There should be a genuine need to air “special” or one off bulletins eg. disasters. An Origin game isn’t such a reason.
  2. It could create a false expectation that such bulletins would now appear every Sunday night
5 Likes

As mentioned in the 7 Queensland regional topic, another missed opportunity for Nine regional news.

A siege underway on the Sunshine Coast since 3.30pm. The story leads all Brisbane bulletins including Nine that has a live cross to the scene. However, for Nine Sunshine Coast, the story is the first headline but does not make the local story window that opens the bulletin. Instead it is about 10 minutes and 7 or 8 stories in. I appears to open the statewide segment of the bulletin and features a live cross.

6 Likes

nine news regional esp here in victoria isn’t what it was on the 1st day its gone down south very fast . win news isnt much better. and there’s no prime 7 news where i am . so basically all i listen to now is the local community radio station and the read the local paper

Luke Dufficy presenting sport for NSW/ACT:

5 Likes

Finally some talent! Great to see Nine utilising him! Hopefully we’ll see more of him. Enjoyed his Sport presenting with Danielle Post in their WIN News Canberra days!

4 Likes

Where is it now? Somewhere in the Bass Strait?

Haha. I meant the quality has gone down south ie the quality is rubbish compared to what it was the very first day it started

Nicole Rowles presenting the weather preview live from Darwin

2 Likes

Ohh???
Are they attempting to win back the local support now? Lol

4 Likes

Yeah, it appears like that.
Will be very odd to have the local Townsville weather update at the end of the bulletin presented from Darwin though… seems pretty odd from a local perspective

3 Likes

Even then, it will be live from Darwin, but by the time the people of Darwin actually watch it, it won’t be :frowning:

6 Likes

No mention of Nicole’s location on the local weather report.
She just appears to be standing in a random park… in broad daylight, while it’s pitch black outside.

The whole thing just looked really odd!

4 Likes

No mention of being in Darwin on the Sunshine Coast version - looked strange being bright sunshine at 5:50pm

5 Likes

Anyone able to watch the Darwin bulletin?
Would be interesting to see if the weather will actually be presented live, or if there’s even any use in having Nicole there.

1 Like

Tonight’s North QLD Weather - from some random park in Darwin

4 Likes

It all got a bit complicated tonight - at some stage re Brisbane “overnight … it will feel like single digit temperatures”.:thinking: