Nine News Local

Paul Taylor presenting alone in QLD tonight.

2 Likes

Not worth a super!

6 Likes

How hard can it be for Nine to make a local backdrop look half decent? This morning’s early edition shows that there’s clearly room to make pure local backdrops look decent, if only Nine tries. That generic city picture could easily be replicated into a local backdrop and surrounded with rings, and that would look 10000x better.

Video thanks to @ScreenTower

4 Likes

Should of just went back with the fake studio backdrop for when presenting solo.

3 Likes

Why was he not at least sitting in the centre of the plasma?

And with RQLD doing so many shots like that, it’s time to ditch the fake set and key in a clean local image. Or go NBN style and have a generic globe which will allow them to do some active shots.

4 Likes

The original look of the SNSW bulletins made more use of the circles, but was very short lived. I don’t think it was any better than what we have now, but elements of it could be re-introduced.

Credit : @Zampakid

If the local image didn’t have that massive swoop at the bottom right or the faded/glossy overlay it would be much better. The old Sport backdrop should be reinstated across all bulletins though.

Ironic how the backdrops started out looking reasonably good then became incredibly crummy.

1 Like

no he is older… mid 30’s.

i think ur wrong he graduated high school 2008 and went from 2003 till 2008

mate i meet him in real life - he is not in 20’s

Tasmania Noodle Updates on TDT:

6 Likes

I’m surprised Southern Cross didn’t plan (with Nine) a local bulletin for Tasmania.

Jo Hall could have presented it out of GTV9

That would potentially take competition away from Southern Cross’ own Tasmania bulletin on Seven. WIN (50% owner of Nine TDT) would never agree to it either for the same reason. Terrible idea for both of them.

4 Likes

I’ve only just realised that TDT got Noodle updates. If it’s a 50/50 JV between SCA and WIN, I suppose WIN could just as easily have provided the updates? Or is there a reason responsibility fell to SCA?

I thought that generally speaking JVs didn’t receive any local news updates (just the metro ones on their feed).

TDT appears to be the only exception. It’s also the only JV to offer a primary HD simulcast.

Do they opt-out of the Melbourne news summaries to show these? That would make sense as Melbourne news is of limited interest to Tasmanians (and they already get an hour of it at 6pm!). I guess most of the other JVs at least get metro news updates from their own state (Ten Darwin being the other exception, with Ten Central being another exception in some areas).

If TDT became Nine O&O they would probably air some kind of local news at 6, though most probably the RVIC bulletin with a local window at best.

@Si-Co They are shown in ad breaks throughout the day, just like they were on the other SCA Nine stations (and before that SC10) until the local Nine News bulletins started.

TDT is a straight relay of Nine Melbourne with no alterations to schedule.

2 Likes

Yes, I realise that. I was meaning do TDT show the SCA Noodles instead of the 9 Melbourne noodles/newsbreaks (or whatever they are officially called), or in addition to them?

I saw some Nine News updates as well.

2 Likes

For all the JVs, the responsibilities of running the stations are split between the partners. One does administration & sales, while the other does content and playout. In TDT’s case, WIN does the admin/sales and SCA does content/playout, so therefore they are responsible for producing the noodle updates. The cost of these functions is charged back to the JV, so SCA and WIN could just as easily decide that they want to allocate the duties differently.

1 Like