Nine News Local

As @nationalnews said she presented on March 9

She has done it a few times now- I hardly watch the local news, but I have seen her in updates.

What was interesting is that Sam’s usually fill-in Sophie Ryan, was presenting the weather tonight. TBH, she seemed a lot more confident in this role.

Nine News Riverina reporter, Grace Fitzgibbon is moving to Nine News Perth. She’s a fantastic reporter who i have the pleasure of interviewing every weekday and i wish her all the best

5 Likes

Her old man will be disappointed that she’s moving further away - Joel Fitzgibbon, our local federal member. As long as she stays away from Bananaby, he’ll be happy. (they took a photo together a few months ago to tease the old man!)

Grace is a gorgeous person, and a young gun reporter.

2 Likes

Maybe in the place of Renae, Lee Steele and Hannah?

Different view of the regional news set in Sydney. The plasma backdrop looks good on this set too.

5 Likes

Was anyone just recording the live cross on 9 News Regional QLD (6:39pm)?

The reporter in Darwin rolled her eyes and sighed within half a second of finishing her last sentence, before they’d cut her shot.

2 Likes

It was a bit like a sigh of relief for making it through the live report.imageimage

Name:

6 Likes

A question about the Darwin bulletin which I tacked onto a discussion in another thread, but evidently wasn’t the best place to ask.

As they now get the “Southern Cross Nine” news from QTQ, how does this get on the air in Darwin? Are all the local news window switches done at QTQ, who then send the various news feeds to either SCA (for RQLD) or to French’s Forest (who play out Nine Darwin) so - as would be expected - SCA isn’t really involved at all in getting the Darwin bulletin to air?

Correct. Nine handles production, recording, editing the windows in, and relaying the appropriate copies. Darwin is fully O&O by Nine, so SCA is not involved for Darwin at all. Not sure whether playout is done by Nine or if they relay copies of each bulletin to SCA for them to control, but hey.

1 Like

Everything is done by Nine in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. They send separate feeds to SCA, or Frenches Forest in the case of Darwin, for the full 60 minute bulletin (remember each is unique for the full 60 mins given the different backdrops used).

So yes, SCA have absolutely nothing to do with Darwin.

2 Likes

NSW Budget local report caps - simple like the ACT Budget graphics:

1 Like

First time i’ve ever seen it.

Tonight at the start of the QLD bulletin we had a super appear with the presenter names shown.

Mia Glover presenting alongside Paul Taylor

5 Likes

Finally!

She is as good an anchor as she is a reporter.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Just like Adelaide’s

1 Like

It doesn’t look right with a shot of two. Adelaide only does the supers when one presenter is on screen, be it only one presenting that night, or a shot of a solo throw to a story.

1 Like

Paul Lobb presented weather on the regional NSW/ACT bulletins tonight. Can’t believe people here were complaining about Geoff Phillips lacking personality last week. Lobb reminded me of the overly starched and dry ABC News presenters of the 1970s.

5 Likes

Did he use a broomstick?

Video of QLD opener

4 Likes