Nine News Local

Saw one of those “see it first” promos this morning and noticed they’ve added a “Weeknights at 6.00” graphic to it

1 Like

Nice live cross last night in Queensland on escaped prisoners from Rockhampton:

How would they even be doing the crosses, I’d say that there wouldn’t be any microwave receivers up there and they still seem to be in HD!.

Must be using LiveU or similar.

LiveU, TVU, Dejero … mSAT. Plenty of options.

1 Like

ACT Budget:

5 Likes

Those are some pretty ordinary looking graphics for 9, I reckon I could do better in PowerPoint.

Was the ACT budget the first story on the Canberra bulletin tonight?

1 Like

@NewsWeary Yes, the Canberra bulletin opened with one local story on the budget, then went to the live window, then later on went to the local window for regular local stories as always.

I’m guessing the other SNSW markets opened with a local story as well.

@killy06 I agree the graphics were disappointing this year, especially compared to what they used last year, which look more like the graphics Nine use on metro bulletins for the Federal/State budgets:

3 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that the most common method was using 4G mobile networks.

The data stream would be broken into 3-4 lots at the uplink end and sent back to the studio using 3-4 separate 4G connections and stitched back together at the receiving end for playout.

correct. Dejero is the big player in this field at the moment - utilised by 9 & 10. Seven, Sky and Fox Sports use TVU’s and the ABC uses LiveU.

1 Like

What is the black square thin box on a tripod I’ve seen 7 & 9 News crews use for live crosses both in Brisbane & the Gold Coast recently? Is this an internet based or microwave based link? There are no link vehicles to be seen unless I can’t see them of course…

directly connected to the camera? that’s the new Dejero unit, designed to be more streamlined than the traditional road case design.

I dunno about having 4 transmitters that close to my head though…

Regional QLD

6 Likes

Is it just me or have the LEDs behind the screen been changed from blue to an ever so slightly purple? Or has it always been like that?

Queensland’s set is purple. NSW’s has blue backlighting.

1 Like

Does anyone know how old Mike Lorigan is?

27-28.

Gosh. Is that all?

Nicole Rowles is co-anchoring with Paul in Queensland tonight.

2 Likes

Is that her first time presenting?