Nine News Local

That’s a friggen ice age for them, I’ve heard a cold snap reported as below 27 for Darwin before!

3 Likes

You might not like it, but this is what we wear to the beach up here.

Paul Lobb is presenting the weather for NSW/ACT.

7 Likes

Is the link out of NBN HD?

Lobby suits the weather. Not exactly the most credible newsreader. Always reminds me of everyone’s favourite game show host image

9 Likes

OR Daniel Gibson. :wink:

1 Like

Daniel Gibson comes across as being a bit more credible than Paul Lobb in both news and weather

He comes across as being more serious when the news story calls for it, and at the other end of the spectrum, more laid back with things like weather reports.

1 Like

Imagine being stuck in a room with Paul Lobb and Andrew Lofthouse. :neutral_face:

10 Likes

One thing my partner has pointed out to me that is now bothering me about 9 News Regional.

Quite a lot of the stories outside the local window don’t seem to ever mention a location for where the story happened.

The story will quite clearly talk about a house fire, or a car accident, etc. without ever mentioning where the event happened… kind of like they’re trying to make it appear local. But it just makes it seem odd IMO

3 Likes

Sunny Coast tonight

4 Likes

Was that a live cross to Darren and Wally at the football?

NBN doesn’t ever have that.

No - prerecorded for regionals

Brisbane get a live cross though

3 Likes

We all know what NBN are like, they’d probably only do a live cross to preview a Friday Night Football game if the Newcastle Knights were playing! :wink:

2 Likes

Provided it’s not on at 6 o-f**king-clock.

3 Likes

Townsville local window playing as normal, except the Sunshine Coast backdrop is showing throughout the whole window

3 Likes

6:16pm Weather preview: “last night we shivered through our coldest night of the year so far, Nicole, how cold did it get?”

Temperature in Townsville this morning was 16°C… 6 degrees warmer than last Monday morning :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Quite a bit of irony on tonight’s QLD bulletin.

First they were criticising Telstra for their regular technical glitches.

And two, a Nine Queensland reporter was criticising Alan Jones for subjective reporting.

5 Likes

Very abrupt ending.
The last story finished quickly (what seemed like part way through).
Cutting to Sam who quickly said “goodnig…”, screen faded to black while she was speaking and ACA appeared straight away.

3 Likes

Nine really mustn’t care about having the wrong backdrop shown.

The latest “See It First” ad airing this morning shows clips of Sam reading a local story, with the Sunshine Coast backdrop shown again! :roll_eyes:

7-day forecast for “Burdekin” has been added on after the Townsville one at some stage over the last few weeks.
I’ve noticed over the last few days that the last day of the 7-day forecast keeps skipping a day every night.

Last night it had “Sun / Tue” as the last 2.
Tonight it had “Mon / Wed” as the last 2.

2 Likes