Nine News Local

it is used to switch between the local windows, and the statewide live windows.

1 Like

Yet he has a lot less experience then Erin Molan. Erin is a very kind and super hard working women who often stays behind on weekends and out of her shift to produce special reports and help the sports department.

2 Likes

no buttons get pushed, they use an automated system that works of the rundown. Wrong timecodes are the usual cause to these issues.

Yes, iā€™m aware. That part of my comment was meant to come off as tongue-in-cheek.

1 Like

No caps unfortunately, but Jo Hall had another coughing/choking incident on air tonight and had to throw to an ad break prematurely.

She returned after the break, reassured viewers she was okay and soldiered on with the rest of the bulletin.

2 Likes

Mike Loriganā€™s microphone drops out during sports preview:

7 Likes

Is the preview voiced live, or is it recorded (different stories for each market)? It could be a problem with the recording/track.

most likely the automation wasnā€™t setup to keep his mic open on the wipe. it drops out as soon as the next action is taken.

3 Likes

Should have called the video ā€œMikeā€™s mic drops outā€

3 Likes

Well done for calling the Shepparton Mayor, Tim when she is clearly a Kim

3 Likes

Gippsland content:

7 Likes

Sunshine Coast tonight

3 Likes

Illawarra Montage:

2 Likes

Heckā€¦ Even that closing shot on that ad would be a better background than their current one.

Certainly dressed for the beach in that endcap

1 Like

I saw the new Queensland promo tonight. The one they were recording here, back in March:

It was basically the same promo that rarely aired when they did that tour to each region (donā€™t think anyone managed to record the original).

They just cut out the Jono bits, with Sam still talking to residents in the streets etc.

3 Likes

6:16pm Weather Preview: ā€œWeā€™ve had a cold snap over the weekend, Nicole joins us now, and Nicole, when will it warm up?ā€

My partner next to me: ā€œCold snap? What fucking cold snap, itā€™s still 25 degreesā€.

6 Likes

Yeah, the regional QLD/Darwin bulletins probably should avoid commentary on the weather when throwing to the preview.

One wonders what viewers in Darwin (where according to the BoM website, itā€™s currently 32 degrees and is expected to be 35Ā°C tomorrow) would think of such ā€œcold snapā€ comments?! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Lol!

Yes, Darwin has probably NEVER ever had a cold snapā€¦ They are too far north for that kind of thing.

4 Likes

I think Darwinites consider several days in a row of minimum temperatures below 20Ā°C during Winter (or ā€œthe dry seasonā€ as it is up there) to be a ā€œcold snapā€ but thatā€™s about it! :smiley:

2 Likes