Nine News Local

Oh dear. What happened at the end of the local window? I assume there would have been dead air or an early opt back to the live feed?

1 Like

Mike Lorigan presenting NSW/ACT bulletins tonight.

2 Likes

Vanessa is on a yoga retreat for a few days

2 Likes

6:15pm weather preview:
“A wet weekend is on the way … Nicole, how much rain are we going to get?”

:tired_face::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Amazing.

2 Likes

Nine should be using Luke Dufficy on the Sydney bulletin as Cameron’s fill in. He’s infinitely more watchable than Erin Molan.

Border North East content from Wednesday.
I missed recording the opener headlines, so it starts from the title card:

4 Likes

Did they start with that local story or did you just cut the national intro out?

Quite a good promo too.

I don’t get why they show that 9 news flipper between each local story. It’s so jarring.

1 Like

Started with national stories but I cut to the local news.

1 Like

Sydney’s bulletin is currently been shown.

4 Likes

Riverina Local Windows are airing on the Illawarra bulletin…

5 Likes

Video of tonight’s problems.

5 Likes

Gee, those errors sound pretty bad.

Would’ve been nice if Pete acknowledged that regional viewers were currently seeing the Sydney news due to technical difficulties, similar to how Juanita Phillips welcomed Tasmanian viewers who briefly received ABC News NSW tonight.

4 Likes

Nine doesn’t own SCA, so that’s probably unlikely to happen.

2 Likes

Although since the Southern NSW/ACT bulletins are produced from Willoughby, you’d think that the regional team could quickly alert the Sydney team about them having technical difficulties so Peter Overton (or whoever the Sydney newsreader is that night) can quickly say something among the lines of…

You get the idea.

With all the technology around these days, I’d be very surprised if the team in the Nine News Sydney control room weren’t aware that their bulletin was being broadcast into regional areas due to technical difficulties.

3 Likes

A ticker message could do the same thing perhaps?

1 Like

the problems with SCA bullietns is they a produced using a automated system which runs the show based on the rundown. If one small timecode error is made, either with the time code or location code it can send the system out of wack

1 Like

Know vs care…
And Nine probably don’t want to tell their large Sydney audience that they’ve had a stuff up, even if it’s for some other region (Sydney viewers don’t care, just as I don’t care about Sydney traffic, but we’re in the smaller audience).

4 Likes