Nine News Local

Minor error to end 9 News Reg. QLD tonight.

As the presenters were saying their goodbyes, the screen faded mid-sentence, SC played out a “Nine.com.au” ad, and then we saw the last 1-2 seconds of 9 News Brisbane.

Nicole Rowles away tonight, meaning we had Garry Youngberry for weather.

Unfortunately, whenever Garry presents, he only ever presents a statewide weather update, which I think is honestly ridiculous.
If Garry can’t be used to present the normal localised updates, get someone else to do it, or have it pre-read from the studio.

It comes off really dodgy to viewers (my partner commented on it tonight), when we suddenly have a statewide weather report instead of our normal local report, on a bulletin that is literally called “9 News North Queensland”.

4 Likes

That is the reason why I do not watch Border North West 9 News here in Shepparton.

I find all the local stuff is Albury/ Wodonga which is 2 hours away from where I live here. I am very disappointed with the coverage of the Nine News here. So much hype and deliver Sweet FA

I Find WIN is better but not by much as there are only about 2 or 3 local stories and then stuff from Ballarat and other areas. Sport wins them over with the local bulletin.

2 Likes

on digital TVs/STBs in Shepparton, when you turn to channel 5, is the channel name listed “Nine Shepparton” or “Nine Albury”?

It has Nine Shepparton but Not a lot of coverage of Shepparton on Nine Thou

2 Likes

unlike 9 western victoria that is so ballarat heavy that it would make you think that ballarat is the whole of western victoria which it isnt lol

3 Likes

Flooding in Cairns opened the Regional bulletin followed by a live cross to a Cairns reporter interviewing the QLD Premier live… fantastic effort from 9 News Regional!!

1 Like

Was that for every Queensland regional bulletin or just for the far north?

It was shown right at the start during the statewide segment

I got told tonight that one of the News reporters of Border North East went to an event earlier this month around the Shepparton area and was there and All this guy wanted to know how much that this event has rasied however this event was a community event. He annoyed the President as he was quite rude to him.

The next morning this same person rang the secretary of the event and Demanded and was abusive to the secretary for not having the amount. It is a community event. Just to let this numpty who called the president and secertary know that this community event raised enough for a bus for the local retirement village and that this communtiy event will not be letting Nine News Border North West to it’s events again.

i also heard about this. got skeptical, but now that i see others saying the same, maybe i shouldn’t be? anyway, thanks for sharing the next morning part as that’s something new for me.

Posted by Samantha Heathwood on Instagram. Paul and her were shooting promos in studio today.

5 Likes

What a waste of space. It seriously looks like they could build something half decent in that set :frowning:

6 Likes

Judging by that photo, they could atleast build a small curved screen similar to the main studios. I don’t get what’s with the blue panels on each side of the plasma it’s not like the ever use that backdrop… probably would be ok for OTS graphics.

4 Likes

Can You Do A Mock On It I thik it will look good!!

As generic as the set is, i’d rather them use a wider shot to actually show the rest of the set, and just use the screen for the graphics for the stories instead of the still image with the fake set bits on it.

3 Likes

Same. The NSW set has the capacity for more active camera movements as seen when Now came from the regional studio. The Queensland set might also have that ability as they’ve actually built the set out a bit.

But Victoria is stuck with what they have. They literally have a broom cupboard.

3 Likes

I’m on the Sunshine Coast and just saw a very obvious SCA produced promo during the NRL, they’ve clearly just added Paul to the end board where Jono used to be but for a split second between transitions at the end the same end title card was seen with Jono instead.

EDIT: Seeing the first couple of seconds of a Brisbane news update before it hard cuts by SCA to the correct regional one looks awful too.

2 Likes

“He’s charged with affray and being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence”- Vanessa O’Hanlon.

Guess how she pronounced “indictable”?

4 Likes

In-dicked-able :laughing: