Nine News Local

Tonight was Jono’s final read on the Queensland & Darwin bulletin/s

7 Likes

Was there any mention during the bulletin?

2 Likes

Watching Nine News Darwin now, I’ll see.

Nup, no sign off… only Samantha’s tweet earlier this evening.

4 Likes

On the Sunshine Coast tonight, both Seven Local News (with a live cross) and WIN News (“breaking news”) opened with the news of the discovery of a body at Obi Obi Creek in the hinterland; by contrast Nine’s news mentioned the story about 20 minutes into their bulletin.

2 Likes

Opener and closer tonight QLD

1 Like

Nicole Rowles co-anchored with Jono in Queensland tonight.

Amanda Bennett presented Tuesday and Friday weather rhis week.

1 Like

Sam must of had tonight off, was there a farewell?

1 Like

I only saw the closer, so I don’t know how well Nicole did at reading.

But there was no farewell ( they are pushed for time anyway because of the NRL).

1 Like

Last night was Jono’s final night though.

2 Likes

She is until Mike returns on Monday March 19.

She was in Townsville for an International Women’s Day luncheon.

It was mentioned by Sam on Instagram that Thursday was her final night reading with Jono.

Paul Taylor has been on holidays in Bali all this week.

2 Likes

Priorities? Would’ve made more sense for her to be sent to north Queensland to cover the major weather event impacting the viewing area for which she reads news.

3 Likes

An ACT politics story on the Chief Minister’s comments about mainstream media and a story on a goldmine collapse in Orange were aired in the Illawarra bulletin tonight before real local news made it to air. Local news consisted of two brief VO reads from Vanessa and two full length reports in the first bloc.

The quality of these bulletins isn’t improving. I don’t know why they’re bothering if there isn’t much more local content than a noodle update.

2 Likes

Paul Taylor officially started as Queensland/Darwin co-anchor tonight.

Yet Jono is still featuring in the promo endtags and Facebook and Twitter headers.

2 Likes

similar to the area around Echuca which receives both Bendigo and Border North East (ie. Shepparton) signals. I’ve seen Echuca news stories on both the Central Victorian and Border North East 9News. Yarrawonga receives both Albury and Shepparton signals (but with Nine both are the one feed anyway with same ads, same news, same rugby league coverage etc., only differences are Prime7 with full Seven News Melbourne coverage on the Shepparton station and WIN with different local news only due to its heritage).

1 Like

Southern Cross got the timing wrong tonight with the start of the Brisbane bulletin sneaking through before cutting to the local feed and restarting.

5 Likes

I saw that too.
Also happened in the Hot Seat news preview.
Andrew and Melissa appeared and started to intro the first headline when suddenly it cut to Paul Taylor.

1 Like

Includes mis-timed opener.

5 Likes

Not just the green screen, but the whole package, which is why tonight I streamed the first half hour of Nine News Sydney, then changed to WIN to watch The Project. I refuse to watch that second rate Nine News Canberra.

imo 9 news regional Victoria is a loss cause.Seems like there only doing it coz they have 2 ,even then its only 5 minutes of local window stories ,To bad if your in a cross signal town like iam
seems like 9 news regional qld is the better of the news …wish prime7 were doing local news here in victoria