Nine News Local

Dugal Beatty presenting all bulletins for RVIC as Jo Hall is on holidays.

2 Likes

Vanessa’s not on holidays yet

Really? A multi-million dollar wrap screen set was cheaper than altering the old set? I could have put GTV in touch with some great set builders I used to work with who could have made the old MDF set fit into the new studio. It looks like it was at least five flats, I’m sure they could have been trimmed and capped.

I would have thought Nine wanted to show shareholders that the expense of the move had some onscreen impact - similar to the Perth move.

That’s a wrap! Signing off for 2017 with the last #9news promo shoot done this morning

3 Likes

They should have worn green outfits just so they could freak out some viewers and literally become talking heads :grinning:

5 Likes

Sophie Ryan is presenting QLD local news with Jono this week.

Paul Murphy is presenting Monday sport.

Nicole returned to the weather. Ga

Garry Youngberry presented Wednesday and Thursday weather.

WIll be interesting to see what the finished promo shots will look like. Surprised they weren’t just put on the metro sets.

Monday night Queensland

(CC stayed on screen for a while)

6 Likes

No. You’re thinking about the wrong set.

The curved screen set was only launched at the start of this year. The move from Richmond to Docklands to happened in 2010 or 2011. The new that Docklands get at the time was essentially identical to the previous Richmond set at the main sets in all the other cities - just with slightly different measurements to fit the space. I believe Adelaide also got a new set of the same design when the moved into the CBD a couple of years ago, before upgrading to the current set earlier this year. It’s only Perth that went straight to a completely new set design when they moved.

4 Likes

Correct - the new set of the ‘old’ design was only in use for about 19 months before it was replaced with the new set of the current design back in May

1 Like

Good to see Paul Murphy filling in for sport during summer

1 Like

He doesn’t look very happy.

7 Likes

I always figured that the issue arose due to the need to fit an ACA set into the same studio which might not have been planned initially.

1 Like

Highlights from Monday’s Sunshine Coast bulletin

3 Likes

Well there you go, that supports my point even better! Nine was willing to build a whole new set that would be only used for a year-and-a-half. Who got that one in the end, NBN?

My original point was about Nine spending money on sets that essentially support their smallest markets being disproportionate to the money they have spent on Nine Regional (yes, yes, yes I know they only get 50% of the profits). Knowing they were essentially ‘upgrading’ Darwin by splashing out in Melbourne illustrates this nicely.

I’m sure he’s thinking he’d rather be back in Darwin than in the broom cupboard in Brisbane.

6 Likes

I think that was always planned. ACA was dinner be out of Richmond so they always knew they’d need space for it.

Probably having a hard time getting used to wearing pants instead of board shorts. Missing the #darwinlife

4 Likes

CONFIRMED: The metro-bulletin will air on Monday (Christmas Day). The local editions return on Boxing Day.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’ll say at the end of the news on Friday night that viewers will be watching the metro news on Christmas Day and that the regional editions will be back on Boxing Day?

Yeah, probably not. Although personally I they should.

2 Likes