Nine News Local

This exact thing happens in SNSW in reference to Sydney. The news producer needs to get better at recognising this! Though it appears that people who have only ever lived in Sydney can’t get their head around ‘the rest of the world’.

6 Likes

I personally wonder if the TCN newsroom’s often very interesting definition of Regional NSW geography (like placing Raymond Terrace as being on the Central Coast and Tuncurry on the South Coast) has ever made it into the Southern NSW/ACT bulletins!

3 Likes

Not that I can think of, although it wouldn’t surprise me if the TCN9 geographical mistakes have made it onto the bulletins at some point.

Nine News Reg. QLD started at 6:17pm tonight due to cricket.

After the cricket, the first 10 seconds of 9 News Brisbane started in North QLD before SCA cut to a few ads (with the sport HD watermark present in the top right), before 9 News NQ started.

Bulletin has been as per normal so far. Opening on a national story, before heading straight into the local window.

1 Like

Former Townsville Bulletin reporter Gina Mosch, seems to have joined 9 News North QLD. Presenting a story tonight during the bulletin.

nine news western victoria started in 7.17pm bulletin as per normal so far as well

SCA running A Current Affair promos during 9 News referencing that the bulletin airs at 7pm.

Nicole Rowles covered the upcoming La Niña weather event during the weather preview tonight, talking about what it means for our Summer weather … except she just read out what a La Niña causes to happen in the Northern Hemisphere (i.e. dry weather) not what happens in Australia :joy::roll_eyes:

Clearly didn’t do a very good job googling it.

2 Likes

Nine News Reg. QLD continuing as a one-hour bulletin, just 17 minutes delayed.

Bulletin started around 6:17pm, and now we’ve just had the cross to sport at 6:57pm.

1 Like

was it only a 30 min bulliteen ?

Not in QLD… it’s still on now. Started at 6:17pm and is still airing right now at 7:12pm.

1 Like

As posted Regional QLD got a few sec of Brisbane followed by station promos then the local news started

5 Likes

There was a glimmer of hope…

1 Like

Why do such stuff-ups happen? Surely the “out time” was communicated to SCA or whoever handles the switching. Is it automation fail or human error?

News Update that aired around 5:20pm had Sam saying “Join us for 9 News straight after the cricket”.

Cricket ended at 5:34pm (AEST) cutting straight to Hot Seat.

Darwin viewers must be sick of hearing about the QLD election - dominating much of the bulletin.

1 Like

Whoops - someone must have written “200 000” in the autocue instead of “two hundred thousand”.

Sam got confused reading it tonight and said “… two hundred … uh, two thousand … uh, yes, two hundred thousand …”

3 Likes

Live cross on 9 News Reg. QLD now to current premier Annastacia Palaszczuk with the question posed to her “why should QLDers living outside SEQ vote for the ALP?”.

Live cross to opposition leader Tim Nicholls then shown straight afterwards.

Really great to see this on our local bulletin - though probably very annoying to Darwin viewers.

6 Likes

Perhaps it was written without a thousands separator (200000; as if it’s so hard to put a space in!)

3 Likes

I note that on the Closed Captions, they often type “two hundred thousand”, but I find "“200,000” easier to read.

I agree with @TV-ACT that having that comma separator makes a HUGE difference!

2 Likes

Blooper at the end of the regional NSW news tonight. Gavin’s weather abruptly cut short to a full screen rainbow gradient, which stayed on screen for the rest of the bulletin. Vanessa could be heard apologising in the background and sending off to ACA.

7 Likes