Nine News Local

Brisbane reporter Tessa Hardy is co-anchoring with Jono in QLD tonight.

5 Likes

Haha! The failures of a green screen.

Live cross to Mackay to open the bulletin, but with a thunderstorm hitting Mackay right now, the reporter stood out in the pouring rain nodding and never answered the questions.

Cut back to Tessa and Jono in the studio to apologise, then the camera zoomed in on Tessa to read the next story making the background look dodgy as.

6 Likes

Video of issues on 9 News QLD tonight

6 Likes

Tessa isn’t that bad! Just needs to practise more!

3 Likes

“Scathing attacks and a surprise resignation…” cue dramatic zoom! Dun, dun, dun! :joy:

I guess this means that the QLD caneras are not locked off like SNSW. I’m guessing a single, manually-operated camera?

They could so easily use a generic backdrop (like NBN) or OTS and introduce some wider panning camera shots.

1 Like

Given how quickly it moved into the correct position, my thought was a single, automated camera.

Yep! If only!
That way we wouldn’t suddenly have some odd different image whenever a live cross occurs.

1 Like

Even now they could use that generic NBN backdrop during live crosses instead of the weird cloud one.

2 Likes

Jono in Sydney Today.

6 Likes

Paul Taylor is co-anchoring with Sam in Queensland tonight. Paul Murphy is presenting sport.

5 Likes

Almost like the WIN News of old.

5 Likes

Good to hear that Paul Murphy is presenting more often now :slight_smile: doing great since leaving prime7 Albury couple months ago I got him to film something couple months back

@jordan.bissell !!! Our regional #9news #queensland #nt team is losing one of our founding producers, who’s off to take on the world in Cairns as a reporter for @9newsfarnorthqueensland

1 Like

Interesting to see Jono co-hosting Weekend Today, I presume 9 are hoping to raise his profile to help boost the very low 9 News Regional ratings.

2 Likes

Garry Youngberry on regional weather tonight

1 Like

Garry’s doing a statewide and Darwin regional report rather than individual ones.

7-day Forecast at the end only covered Darwin, Cairns, Rockhampton and Maroochydore.

3 Likes

Video

4 Likes

Completely agree. The opening two-shot back drop could just be a swirly 9 news logo or something, which would allow for a bit of zoom-movement (obviously tracking would be better, but it seems their studio doesn’t allow for that).

All the 9 Regional bulletins feel very claustrophobic because the wide shots are not wide enough - and really, the screen at the back it far too big. A no-cost solution would be to bring the desk further forward from the backdrop - though the set may all be in one piece. And to be fair, the ‘studios’ are just converted broom cupboards.

Still, if the ratings remain solid, 9 might find some money for a bit of capex next year or at least use some left over assets to jazz things up a bit. Clearly they had to keep costs to an absolute minimum in setting these studios up. A shame really when there are studios lying empty in some of the old SCA buildings.

1 Like

does any one have ratings for 9 news local victoria v win news local victoria

Sophie Ryan co-hosted with Jono tonight.

Garry Youngberry is presenting a state-wide weather forecast Monday-Wednesday this week.

1 Like

9 Likes