Nine News Local

Pre-weather “banter” - hilarious; I feel the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship (with viewers) :slight_smile:

10 Likes

There were a few awkward pauses associated with the Sunshine Coast weather presentation and no acknowledgement of the new face on the screen.

5 Likes

Darwin sport:

5 Likes

Now more than ever they need to ditch that fake set on the rear screen and have a plain local backdrop, for both news and sport.

7 Likes

Surely they can do something better then clouds and fog for the sport cross. That looks ridiculous.

14 Likes

Overall - I enjoyed the dual presenters.

But the cross to sport, and cross back to weather - not good.

4 Likes

The location strap failed to work on the playoff to ad-break after sport:

6 Likes

Perhaps QTQ should’ve given their old set to the regional Queensland/Darwin bulletins instead of NBN.

Judging by the caps posted, it’s pretty obvious that the “Nine News regional” set presentation doesn’t work with two newsreaders!

5 Likes

Definitely looks as though the Darwin bulletin is just a 30-min delay.

I’m working on the montage of NQ right now, so hopefully once they go up, we’ll all be able to compare the QLD and NT versions.

Playout of the Darwin bulletin is likely interesting. I’d assume Brisbane’s control room runs everything live QLD time, and just send it through to Nine’s playout where it’s then likely delayed 30 minutes?

I mean, surely they could’ve done the final 30 minutes of the Darwin bulletin live given that the QLD bulletins would’ve finished…

Agree 100%.
As I said earlier - I love having the two presenters… but it just doesn’t look right.

2 Likes

Weather has information for some South-East Asian countries - Just like ABC

11 Likes

What the…
What’s the point in having a full-screen preview of the weather in another country! Truly bizarre!

1 Like

Probably due to proximity and the amount of tourism. I noticed they also include the Indonesian Rupiah in their finance segment.

9 Likes

It’s fair enough having it with the map of all the capitals - but the full screen dedicated to a foreign city just seems odd.

It would be interesting to know if the decision to give NBN the old QTQ set was made BEFORE the decision was made close the NTD newsroom and do Darwin news in the regional QLD bulletin.

If they had known about Darwin at the time, they may well have regretted not keeping the old set, which is obviously too small for Jonathan, Sam, Paul and Nicole.

Perhaps they might still move the Darwin set to Brisbane and use that for QLD regional/Darwin news?

5 Likes

We can only dream!

3 Likes

That would be a great idea. The double header just doesn’t work with their current broom closet set.

4 Likes

Not surprisingly - Darwin residents are very unhappy about the changes.

9 News Darwin facebook page already has a good chunk of complaints:

11 Likes

The green screen backdrop and halo effect around Samantha in particular is very distracting.

3 Likes