Nine News Local

Yep!
We’ve had the bulletin here for over a month now and these are still shown all the time.

I’ve messaged QTQ, SC, etc. multiple times about this, but nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Weather was a combined Wide Bay - Sunshine Coast.

4 Likes

Interesting that Nine doesn’t list the Brissie temp there.

I know NBN does that for the Gold Coast weather, and Sydney gets listed on the Newcastle weather report down here.

Brisbane got a separate report

4 Likes

News update

3 Likes

Some highlights

8 Likes

Not from QLD so not sure if it’s a typo or a real place but what is 1770?

1 Like

Strange choice of story to lead their first Sunshine Coast bulletin, a badly edited package on an event that doesn’t even give a location. The incident occurred out of the Sunshine Coast viewing area.

1 Like

The first story is always a “national” story rather than a local one (not sure why), so they always open with something non-local that is shown across all 7 markets. They edit them up to not give a location, presumably to make viewers think it’s a local story.

The second story is when the local window starts, and all the markets split to different content.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Oops!

Seriously, who not just key in the plain landscape in the wide shots? Would certainly look far more natural.

4 Likes

Here’s a couple of videos of Nine News Regional I recorded from this week. I think the Melbourne produced version is still a bit better, but the NSW bulletin has improved since I last saw it.

7 Likes

Vanessa has definitely improved. Although she should really be back after sports to throw to the break.

On another note, the headline bed used in the end of the Victorian bulletin is far too long. It’s just over and over and over and over again.

7 Likes

Can Adelaide borrow some of it? :joy: No music is rolled when Brenton and Kate sign off, it’s a silent cut to the ACA “whoosh”.

4 Likes

Oh definitely. Awkwardness at best every time it happens.

3 Likes

Audio is stuffed in Canberra tonight. Fine during commercials, but crackling during the broadcast.

4 Likes

Story on A Current Affair tonight from Townsville - featuring interviews that were shown on 9 News NQ at the end of the week before last (1.5 weeks ago).

2 Likes

A lovely long closer at the end of that 9 News Border/North East bulletin.

Refreshing, as you hardly ever see closers over 10 seconds duration these days.

3 Likes

A little annoying having Sam comment on the weather recently before the statewide weather preview at 6:16pm mentioning weather that hasn’t even occurred here.

She said something along the lines of “After showers this week, it’s looking mostly fine for the weekend, Nicole joins me now for a check of the weather ”.

Nicole then said “While there were early showers this morning, it’ll be clear over the weekend”.

We’ve had nothing but completely fine weather across North Queensland for weeks now, so that statement was really weird - and inaccurate for this area.
A quick check of BOM and it appears the FNQ, NQ, Mackay, CQ and Wide Bay markets haven’t had rain this week - so it seems weird they mentioned it.

2 Likes