Nine News Local

It’s not the first time that a fake media-related Twitter account has been made though.

A few years back I remember someone doing a fake Fiona Ferguson (former Prime7 News Northern NSW presenter and current editor of the Northern Daily Leader newspaper, for those unaware) page, before she actually joined Twitter!

2 Likes

There’s a fake Noel Brunning (GWN News presenter) Youtube account too.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXw_EJ5AFBn/

About to make a bit of TV news history in #toowoomba tonight with the help of our gun #pilot :woman_pilot:t2: @gkmc__ and #copilot :man_pilot:t3: @beeghsta with the first ever @9newsqueensland #darlingdowns bulletin! Super excited to launch in my hometown :house_with_garden::movie_camera::tv::hibiscus:

6 Likes

I remember this. Wasn’t someone banned for it?

You know something’s up when SBS have a better news set than you…

Thanks to original cappers @SouthCoastTV and @MackayTV2

22 Likes

SBS actually has a set. Not sure if the same can be applied to Nine’s ‘sets’ when most of it is just a green screen with nothing else on it.

5 Likes

Well to be fair, it’s a national set vs one that is for less than half a state.

9 Likes

“Starts tonight”.

8 Likes

“First & Best” - What a load of…

9 Likes

If anything, Seven’s local half hour bulletin is “First & Best” in the Sunshine Coast market…

5 Likes

Melissa and Rob would like to object to the “first” in the promo

6 Likes

In-general I’m all for the consistent branding, but this part is just stupid.
(As has been said here previously) that tagline should be excluded from the 9News branding for the regional bulletins.

1 Like

Agree. Despite the lacklustre news anchor, the bulletin itself is very polished and entrenched on the Sunshine Coast. Nine’s going to have a hard time to make a dent into Seven’s dominance.

2 Likes

First news update

5 Likes

First look at Sunshine Coast news (recorded off the HD channel but obviously no HD playout for local adverts and promos).

The promo shown just before the first update was :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t5::man_facepalming:t6:

1 Like

11 Likes

5 Likes

Interesting selection for first story tonight about a car crash involving a runaway stolen car at Burpengary, a northern suburb of Brisbane. That was followed by two local stories - Noosa fires and speedway deaths. These two stories headlined both Seven local news and WIN News on the Sunny Coast while the car crash featured in Brisbane News bulletins and was a feature of a Ten traffic report.

Opener

8 Likes

3 Likes