Nine News Local

Is 9 News Darwin still shown on Imparja GEM?

Here is a montage thanks to @Abesty, which also gives in an insight into Jonoā€™s presenting.

One would say that for Darwin viewers this new service will be a large step-down to current presentation standards.

I believe so. IIRC, @SEQTelevision has recorded off this channel.

5 Likes

Just the fact that the bulletin will most likely be behind in time is a real turnoff unfortunately :frowning:

4 Likes

Incorrect, 9 News Darwin is shown live across the NT/Remote QLD on Imparjaā€™s relay of 9Gem.

Incorrect. SC7 Darwin show 7 News Melbourne.

Darwin does not currently receive bulletins from Brisbane.

2 Likes

Which bulletin does Ten Darwin show?

Last time I was in Darwin (which was a while ago), Ten News Sydney was showing from memory.
It may not still be the same, but I doubt theyā€™d change it.

Ten Darwinā€™s news is from Melbourne.

3 Likes

I did say ā€œin the pastā€. I may be thinking of Remote NT, but Iā€™m sure 7 Darwin used to get Brisbane news.

Remote NT receives Brisbane news via SC7, but I donā€™t recall SC7 Darwin ever getting Brisbane news, at least not in the last decade or so.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ having the only commercial TV news in the NT being lumped in with the regional news product and itā€™s likeliness of not being live isnā€™t exactly an achievement

Dreaming a bit here, but (assuming an agreement could be reached with affiliates) what would the odds be of Nine producing either a GC-style or composite bulletin for WDT and Imparja; the next highest populations (excluding Tasmania) following the aggregated eastern states?

1 Like

zero odds.

5 Likes

Zero. And thatā€™s that.

Darwin still gets the 7 news and ten eyewitness news from Melbourne.

3 Likes

9 News NQ reporter Roanne Boldery has done a fantastic job over the last few weeks covering the trial of a local murder case.

The case wrapped up yesterday with this 4 minute report:

Local prime7 news reporter in Albury making the move to nine news to be based in Maroochydore

Which reporter from Prime7 in Albury is making the move North?

A quick look at the most recent bulletins on YouTube finds that their reporting team includes Josh Ribarich, Paul Murphy, Hellen Ballard, Eleanor Tabone and Fletcher Doherty.

Paul Murphy oh and I met Nathan Currie in Albury who was in Albury doing a bit of reporting

1 Like

Yeah, technically it would be a return to Maroochydore for Paul Murphy. He was a sports presenter for (some of) the regional Queensland editions of WIN News a couple of years back, if Iā€™m not mistaken. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well he is definitely going to be missed down here he has been supporting the club the past year and when the local sports reporter was on leave he gave our club more news coverage being a rugby league club :slight_smile: when I said bye for the last time I had to hold back the tears

2 Likes