Nine News Local

Here’s a quick low quality pic I got from the Mackay stream, full quality version coming soon.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Not a fan of that backdrop…

17 Likes

me too

4 Likes

Mid-bulletin weather update now flys down the entire state rather than just showing NQ.

2 Likes

Presumably because it’s no longer just seen in NQ.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d say that’s exactly the reason.
I had assumed that that weather preview would be localised going into the future, but it appears not to be the case.

1 Like

Worst. Backdrop. Ever. Having lived in Mackay I’m thinking WTF… if you want something generic use an image of a sugar cane field at least. This is not going to challenge Seven at all, it’s pure laziness. Not a fan of any of these Nine bulletins so far besides Sam Heathwood. It’s just a dodgy attempt to make SCA feel like they’re getting something for paying more affiliate fees while Nine can use it as an excuse to cull costs in Darwin. #rantover

6 Likes

Yeah, the picture is of the lighthouse at the Marina, which is quite iconic to Mackay locals, but the picture used is overall pretty terrible.

6 Likes

Again, the use of “Nine Local News” has resulted in confusion and subsequent anger for viewers:

Comments from Mackay I’ve seen so far:

6 Likes

Or a shot of the mackay city itself overseeing the pioneer river.

That backdrop is awful. Who in their right mind thinks that’s okay for broadcast?

4 Likes

Isn’t that from the opening credits of Round the Twist?

24 Likes

Anyone know how long Wave FM breakfast presenter Travis Winks has been reporting sport for the Illawarra’s regional bulletin?

More comments I’ve found from Mackay viewers:

4 Likes

9 News Mackay Opener:

YouTube link

2 Likes

I get if you’re a local you’ll get it but why not show the whole lighthouse and surrounds bf give it more context? It could be any lighthouse by just showing the light! Aargh! These sh*thouse cheapo regional bulletins drive me insane! Nine should know better…

6 Likes

I’ve done a full montage up of 9 News Mackay.

It’s been uploading for 11 hours and is 44% complete, so I hope to have it posted sometime next week…

8 Likes

9 News Mackay and 9 News North QLD side-by-side comparison:

YouTube link

4 Likes

9 News Mackay Mega Montage:

YouTube link

2 Likes