Nine News Local

Very interesting. It was always going to be a matter of time given the poor quality of Win News (no fault of the crew on the ground in Canberra).

If SCA and Nine pull their fingers out and actually do some advertising on bus stop shelters, sponsor more community events, etc and of course get rid of the irrelevant Sydney stories in the bulletin it would be even better.

4 Likes

Maybe in the 6pm hour. Does Prime produce a Canberra bulletin?

Prime7 Canberra rebroadcasts Seven News Sydney at 6pm each night. For the Canberra market, “Prime7 Local News” just consists of those short legally required updates.

3 Likes

Nope, but Seven News was neck and neck with WIN News in that first week of Nine Local News - likely because those who wanted Sydney news switched away from Nine?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine are winning in the 6-7pm hour, but WIN are winning 6-6:30 - with Prime just below Nine, and both beating WIN across the hour.

2 Likes

Personally I would like to know the validity of what Gavin is saying… I feel like it could be a bit bias? I honestly cant see Vanessa winning… but then again i could be wrong as i don’t live in those areas. But when figures are released on ratings in regional NSW/ACT it will be interesting to see if he is right.

4 Likes

As much as I don’t like Ferguson on Seven News Sydney, at least the Sydney bulletin on Seven looks and feels like a real bulletin (even with the dubious quality content). Nine’s Canberra still feel awkward and just another parody of WIN news IMO, and as for Vanessa…she hasn’t improved much at all.

Maybe the problem with the Canberra bulletin is the fact that people in the capital city of Australia wants to see a Canberra version of the flagship bulletins in Sydney (with smooth flow and everything). I feel that Nine’s model could work for regional centres, but certainly not the capital city of Australia.

3 Likes

Managed to record Nine News Western Victoria earlier in the week, here is a montage of the bulletin:

14 Likes

“And Jo that’s sport.”
“Ok, thanks Nathan”

That’s the most natural way you could possibly talk to someone.

Thanks for the video, though it’s still odd Nine don’t put these on 9now.

9 Likes

hehehe, sounds like the amateur hour though.

Something on the lines of some banter (even if it’s fake) would be good :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Better than Nine News NSW which still has the sports presenter throwing to the ad break before weather (do they still do that? Happy to be corrected on this).

1 Like

Jo Hall doesn’t do banter - that’s exactly the same as her sport throws for the past two decades.

9 Likes

Yep, Mike Lorigan mentions stories coming up and “after the break Gavin Morris with the weather.”

1 Like

I’ve only just had a chance to look back through last night’s 9 News NQ, and noticed a very minor blooper where Sam was reading the ‘coming up’ headlines featuring the “Trainy McTrainface” story. She read that and started to laugh before realising there was still one more headline to read before the break.

1 Like

Friday’s News Update featuring an ad for Andrew & Melissa shown immediately beforehand :roll_eyes:
YouTube Link

Samantha’s Minor Blooper
YouTube link

2 Likes

“Whop”

4 Likes

Must have fallen off her chair.

5 Likes

Side-by-side comparison of 9 News NQ and 9 News Brisbane from Friday.

YouTube link

Interesting, to hear Sam and Andrew using the exact same scripts to introduce stories. Also interesting to see that the regional bulletin covered nearly double the amount of sports stories as the Brisbane bulletin.

5 Likes

NBN use the same intros as Nine News Sydney too.

4 Likes

I know this is old news, but a reminder that the mackay bulletin debuts tonight and the social media accounts of 9 news mackay has already been set up. See the link on https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/girl-next-door-brings-new-tv-news-bulletin-to-mack/3203978/

1 Like

Yep, I’ll be recording the launch bulletin of 9 News Mackay tonight! :slight_smile:

8 Likes