Nine News Local

Edit: Sorry I read your post totally wrong and thought you were referring to Nine’s local news. But my comments are still valid regarding the fact the Nine local news started with this story too.

Whether the lead story was appropriate really depends on the expectation of the viewer. If they view the bulletin as their ‘one stop shop’ for national, international, and local news then the order is less important than the relevance. If they tune in expecting a local news bulletin and plan (or expect) to get their national news elsewhere then yes, it’s not what they would expect to lead the bulletin.

This, as others have said, is why Nine/SCA need to be marketing the “six” as something other than Nine Local News. I wonder how many viewers still expected the Brissy bulletin to follow, especially if accustomed to the Seven or former WIN service in regional QLD.

1 Like

In NSW, on Nine News at 4pm, they still say “here’s what’s coming up in the news at 6”… and then Pete/Georgie/Deb, as well as Vanessa and Paul/Natasha give their viewers the 6pm news headlines.

1 Like

Ever since the parent of the Afternoon News became a NSW-centric one, diversity still exists in some form. I guess Nine would facepalm themselves if they just put the Sydney news team on a live cross preview, similar to how Seven Melbourne did in those previews during their Afternoon News.

Excellent. Maybe someone at 9News regional has taken a look at the suggestions here? :wink:

2 Likes

I think this is the first tweet from 9 Cairns News (apart from prior to broadcast and re-tweets).

2 Likes

Had our first live cross during tonight’s 9 News NQ.

Live cross was to Shane Douherty in Brisbane, and was immediately after he had done a live cross to the Brisbane bulletin.

Had a chuckle to myself seeing his live cross shown here in HD, while it would have been upconverted SD on the Brisbane bulletin.

On another note, the launch of the NQ bulletins has given the Brisbane bulletin a few extra stories to cover.
I’ve noticed both tonight and last night that 9 News Brisbane has been showing stories from the Townsville bulletin.

5 Likes

Weather has been updated.
Instead of cramming all the locations in on the screen at once, the map now flys down the NQ coastline, making it way easier to see the info written.

4 Likes

Tonight’s weather segment showing the minor tweaks made:

Quite weird at the start to see Cardwell and Charters Towers flickering between temperatures and “–”.
More videos from tonight coming soon

4 Likes

Now we know where Nine got their regional set inspiration from :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

At least TEN has some sort of presenting area along with it. Nine’s just looks awful in comparison.

11 Likes

Minimal

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LCZutSWwFys2t0iy6yo-d_28FdHUtr-3WsDlm03Z7mAe7SWZ2Kw0FZTfAUpmlLNJMUR8JzD-YIz7xAyvrWpoIxLrexa3fcrPt1MVRcoMEs6a2za5ID4SpZubINSu3ncS_zk=w280-h285-nc

Nayssu Desu~

North QLD opener and first few stories from tonight:

2 Likes

Montage of Wednesday’s bulletin, including the Live Cross to Brisbane.

SCA has finally started properly playing out the news preview that airs during Hot Seat from tonight.

Weather was also slightly tweaked again with temperatures for Port Douglas and Ayr added to the maps, and Charters Towers removed (for some reason).

I’m sure plenty of residents in Ayr, near Townsville are quite pleased their town is now on the weather map for Nine News North Queensland! :wink:

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Banned by @Bort

2 Likes

It was probably done to appease those viewers who were confused as to what happened to Andrew and Melissa.

2 Likes

To confuse those types of viewers even more, apart from the actual news updates, all of the 9 News QLD promos with Andrew and Melissa in/on them are still broadcast here from the dirty feed. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It was too much when everyone was saying it, but I’m fine with it making a subtle comeback.

5 Likes