Nine News Local

Don’t think we have any members within the Cairns/FNQ market area.

I’ll definitely be busy capping this time next week when the NQ bulletin launches.

5 Likes

The wording of this seems to give me the impression that the regional QLD bulletin will be using their own set for the weather report (rather than prerecording using the Brisbane set plasma, like VIC does).

@Read_It_First?

4 Likes

There will be lots of excited people in Ayr, near Townsville watching the NQ bulletin this time next week.

3 Likes

Excited or mortified?

2 Likes

Confused more like it.

They will be forever wondering what has happened to Andrew and Melissa.

6 Likes

I think there are actually viewers in Southern NSW/ACT who nearly 5-6 months on, who are still wondering why they now only get to see Peter Overton read the news on Sunday nights!

As far as I can tell, it’s quiet only because Media Spy doesn’t have any Cairns/Far North Queensland correspondents!

7 Likes

Probably necessary given the number of 9News regional bulletins there will be in Qld (otherwise so many of them would be pre-recorded waaaay too early).

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really good point!

1 Like

In that case, there should be a “hired” media guy from Cairns to record and upload montages of news like SCA Nine News.

1 Like

A glimpse from Instagram…can’t find anything else online yet.

6 Likes

Facebook page is up:

4 Likes

Still don’t get “First & Best”. Doesn’t make a lot of sense for a brand new service.

7 Likes

Sorry if some of these have been posted already

Weather Nicole Rowles

Production team

This is a repeat but with a name - Benjamin Stivala Executive Producer 9news Regional QLD

3 Likes

And realistically, with the disappointing level of effort Nine have put into this new service, it will never be “first and best” against 7.

5 Likes

Interesting behind the scenes video of NSW regional studio - very claustrophobic looking.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the openers of the far North Queensland bulletin but I managed to get a clear shot of the studio with Paul Taylor reading the local sports for cairns / far North Queensland

8 Likes

Hmmm

3 Likes

Also of interest

5 Likes

Twitter account

4 Likes

Is there potential for 7 to launch into a possible fight with the First & Best claim?

I know SCA/9 use it in for SNSW & VIC bulletins but QLD is where 7 directly competes with its own product.

2 Likes