Nine News Local

Confirmed start date for the Victorian Bulletins, March 6.

That gives us:
Feb 6 - Canberra
Feb 13 - Illawarra
Feb 20 - Central West NSW
Feb 27 - Wagga Wagga
Mar 6 - Victoria (Ballarat?)
Mar 13 - (Bendigo?)
Mar 20 - (Albury?)
Mar 27 - (Gippsland)?

Would be good if Regional QLD started the following week on Apr 3.

1 Like

Will these be on the SCA channels on VAST?

R3 is Wagga, Wollundry Lagoon and with the old 2WG/FM93 building in the background.
https://assets.atdw-online.com.au/images/6f98daf16b00518159fc939f619d0f07.jpeg?rect=267,0,4267,3200&w=800&h=600

2 Likes

They might convert 410 to show Nine News Canberra and Illawarra to begin with, but they will need to eventually launch 1 new channel for every 2 bulletins, just like the NBN News channels. I don’t see how they will be able to work in the new bulletins without making some big changes to the lineup.

Current lineup:

12 Likes

And they’re O&O stations

Personally I’d be surprised if these bulletins make it online at all

Unless the regional networks don’t want to share channels for whatever reason, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be logical to give each region it’s own VAST News Channel to make the service a little more user friendly.

With the addition of three more VAST Regional Channels, perhaps something like this could work…

401: Cairns News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
402: Townsville News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
403: Mackay News Channel (Seven, Nine)
404: Rockhampton News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
405: Bundaberg/Wide Bay News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
406: Sunshine Coast News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
407: Toowoomba News Channel (Seven, Nine, WIN)
408: Gold Coast News Channel (Seven*, Nine*, NBN)
409: NSW North Coast News Channel (Prime7, NBN - both Mid North Coast & Far North Coast variants of NBN News would air between Prime7 News)
410: Tamworth News Channel (Prime7, NBN)
411: Newcastle/Central Coast News Channel (NBN, the Newcastle version of the news would air followed by the Central Coast version and so on)
412: Wollongong News Channel (Nine, WIN)
413: Canberra News Channel (Nine, WIN)
414: Orange News Channel (Prime7, Nine, WIN)
415: Wagga News Channel (Prime7, Nine, WIN)
416: Albury News Channel (Prime7, Nine, WIN)
417: Shepparton News Channel (Nine, WIN)
418: Bendigo News Channel (Nine, WIN)
419: Ballarat News Channel (Nine, WIN)
420: Gippsland News Channel (Nine, WIN)
421: Tasmania News Channel (Southern Cross, WIN)
422: Regional SA & Broken Hill News Channel (Southern Cross)
423: Darwin News Channel (Nine)

*Proposed new/additional bulletins.

I was thinking about omitting Nine News Darwin because it’s shown on 9Gem via Imparja, but thought it would be best to still include a Darwin channel for fairness.

Depending on bandwidth/interest, I’d probably also do the following later down the track:

• Add a further four capital city news channels, so everyone has access to their most relevant version of the bulletins from Seven, Nine & Ten.
  • Maybe come to a deal with the ABC so their bulletins could be repeated on the VAST News Service. Obviously under such a proposal, the Canberra bulletin would be shown on the Canberra News Channel, the Darwin bulletin on the Darwin News Channel, the Tasmania bulletin on the Tasmania News Channel and the other state versions on the most relevant capital city news channel.
3 Likes

Continued discussion in the VAST thread.

I found the following Tweet.

Sounds like a playout error rather than anything to do with the news.

If SCA/Nine Canberra were smart they would have had a promo bug on screen the last few days down near the watermark bug

9 N E W S
C A N B E R R A
Starts 6pm Monday

I guess there will new news updates on the air from about 2pm onwards?

1 Like

Updated promo end tag:

9 Likes

Excellent! Can’t wait to see how Nine are doing these bulletins tonight!

The Canberra Facebook page (Redirecting...) has now reappeared with this profile picture:

7 Likes

9 News Canberra Twitter account has just appeared
https://twitter.com/9NewsCanberra

6 Likes

There’s also a @9NewsIllawarra Twitter account, currently an “egg” but I’ve decided to follow it just incase it becomes official. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

looks like they’re on Instagram now too?

4 Likes

No bebo page? Amateurs.

21 Likes

Is Nine News Canberra going to be read from Canberra or Sydney & is it going to be live or prerecorded?

AFAIK it’s going to be presented from Sydney, with live statewide/national/international content segments.

I’m not sure if any regions will be getting their local content windows live, but at least most of them will be pre-recorded earlier in the day.

2 Likes
5 Likes