Nine News Local

I was confused too but you are from Victoria right? So instead of receiving Nine News with Peter Hitchener from 6-7pm, regional Victoria will get Nine News with Jo Hall from 6-7pm instead of Pete. Then somewhere in that hour with Jo Hall will be a pre-recorded local news insert for 8 minutes or something for each market. Like what @SydneyCityTV said the local news will not air on weekends, so I would strongly believe that the current metro bulletin will still air on Saturdays and Sundays.

For NSW viewers, GG will still on Saturdays, and Pete Overton on Sundays, while weeknights are presented by Vanessa O’Hanlon.

For Victorians, they will see Jo Hall from Monday-Friday and Alicia Loxley on weekends.

For Queenslanders, Samantha Heathwood will be seen instead of Andrew and Melissa, but they’re still subject to Darren and Alison on weekends (unfortunately)…

EDIT: When regional bulletins are going to air, are the updates during the day exclusively regional or will the regional viewers see the news updates from the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane bulletins instead?

1 Like

When I complained about the local news replacing the metro bulletins, members said, “You will still have the metro bulletins on weekends.” Well, I would rather not have Darren and Alison thank-you.

Sorry mate, unless QTQ does a ‘Seven News Queensland 2013’ this year, you’re stuck with them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that there being no local news from SCA Nine is a certainty since there hasn’t really been an announcement related to weekend news yet, but there probably is more than a half decent chance of regional viewers still being able to see the metro news on Saturdays and Sundays.

If that happens to be the case, I wonder if Nine just might tweak the format of their weekend news bulletins a bit so there’s more statewide content on Saturday/Sunday nights?

2 Likes

I don’t think that would happen, well I at least hope it doesn’t. Let’s put it this way, if Melissa quit today, I honestly believe that Alision Ariotti would not replace her.

The preceding post is rated S, for speculation.

MediaSpy recommends common sense for younger viewers.

16 Likes

And some other posts could be rated BS :laughing:

10 Likes

I take it, the Victorian bulletin will be presented form the Kids WB Studio at GTV9. Not sure how they could produce two live bulletins from the main news studio.

Also makes sense giving Kids WB has been/is winding down.

1 Like

The idea isn’t without merit. They used to cross to the newsroom for updates during The Big Breakfast on Seven…

Would be great if the 3 new newsreaders for each QLD, SNSW and VIC could do local 5 minute news inserts into the Saturday and Sunday SYD, BNE and MEL bulletins.

They wouldn’t want to be working 7 day weeks, but yes, perhaps someone else…

Why not just have the weekend bulletin’s main presenter pre-record those segments (as the regional presenters will during the week)?

Perhaps making the weekend bulletins statewide bulletins (either rebranding them accordingly or at least removing the metro capital city names from the opening titles), and either using the above inserts or just including any significant story from the regional newsrooms in the statewide bulletin?

1 Like

I don’t think they will do much to dilute the “metro” flavour from the weekend bulletins to suit the country folk, as metro viewers still make up the majority of overall viewers across the state.

2 Likes

@TV-ACT That sounds clunky and confusing.

I don’t think Nine will sacrifice the content and flow of it’s own bulletins for the sake of making them more watchable for their affiliates.

The easiest and likely least damaging to altering the metro bulletins would be to have a set 5 minute weather window at 6.25 on Sat and Sunday - and use that window for the SCA affiliates for local news.

Expanded weekend weather at 6.25 sat and sun seems justified - as people want to know the forecast for Sat Sun as they are out and about planning activities - and planning Monday return to work.

If there’ll be a breakout at all, even if just for weather, I’d guess it’ll probably be pre-recorded by the same people presenting that weekend bulletin.
I was thinking about this and I don’t think Nine’s new regional format will be clunky, I think it can work well (as their NBN station has apparently proven over a long time now), and it’s an hour bulletin so there’s easily plenty of time to break out to a few local news stories without anyone but the likes of us on this forum noticing.
Apart from the evening news, the rest is national so I don’t think people will be put out too much by either the lack of a regional weekend bulletin or the metro/state capital bulletins being tweaked slightly to be less Sydney-/Melbourne-/Brisbane-centric up-front (but the latter is unlikely; you’re right, as already pointed out Nine will be disinclined to change state capital bulletins).
I’m looking forward to seeing what Nine do.

No change req’d on weekends as they already air statewide.

I presumed regional news would be pre-rec? The Kids WB section is tiny and not automated ASAIK so they’d need cammos?

Jo Hall said on her Instagram back in November that she would be presenting in the studio beside the 9newsmelbourne studio.
Jo also said
I’ll present the Victorian news but both bulletins will come live from same newsroom,which is amazing

5 Likes