Nine News Presenters and Reporters

He was on 6 News? Wow. Good for him.

5 Likes

Airlie Walsh is presenting Sydney’s weather this week

4 Likes

Yes she started last night and she’s horrible at it. She should stick to reporting,

I don’t know if there were technical issues or not, but Airlie Walsh stumbled through the weather preview in the Sydney 6pm bulletin tonight.

She always does. Nothing new. They should give the role to Sophie Walsh or Kate Creedon.

3 Likes

Georgie Gardner is presenting Thursday evening in Sydney

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/lcalcutt/status/1575607100096380929?s=20&t=rCIA8JWy5WWye29iejAYaQ

As we know, Lane is not retiring, but moving to work in the Premier’s department.

8 Likes

It has been reported in The Australian in recent weeks that Lane’s departure was delayed due to staff shortage in the Brisbane newsroom.

Still, 35 years is an amazing achievement.

6 Likes

Peter Hitchener presenting again tonight.

4 Likes

Alicia has been on holidays over the last fortnight.

3 Likes

Tracy Vo has returned to Perth and presenting weekend bulletin.

1 Like

He was our first reporter! (outside of schoolmates and family occasionally doing something)

7 Likes

Good on him, going from 6News to reporting for Nine in Wollongong, Darwin and Perth. Great reporter, hope he gets something even better. Already at a metro newsroom 2 years out of school is a very great achievement, and already 4 newsrooms (counting 6News)

Quite good and funny of him pretending to be on the ride (I would probably actually go on that ride, maybe not a year ago but since them I have faced my fears and have gone on a lot of scary rides) but panning to show he’s on the ground.

6 Likes

The Australian reports that Chris Uhlmann’s last day at Nine was Thursday (September 29), and he confirmed to the paper that he has retired and his career as a journalist is now over.

Nine are expected to announce Charles Croucher as his replacement in coming days.

13 Likes

Uhlmann also said he wanted to retire quietly. He had deleted his Twitter account.

5 Likes

That is quietly!

Not sure about Charles to be honest, but they obviously have faith in him.

Has it been mentioned Jo Hall has been reporting in Melbourne this week?

4 Likes

Wasn’t mentioned but yes I noticed this too. Must be back from her long break.

2 Likes

Was funny to hear Hitch joke on his 89.9 The Light spot this afternoon when asked if he would ask Livinia about the “rain bomb” Melbourne is currently experiencing, he quipped “it had better be in the autocue because we all know I’m at sea without it!” :joy:

1 Like

Alice Monfries presenting the 5pm local bulletin in Adelaide today.

3 Likes