Nine News Presenters and Reporters

8 Likes
10 Likes

Good appointments

1 Like

I’m surprised Peter Hitchener hasn’t been in this role before.

6 Likes

I’m getting the impression that Seven might not be telecasting this year? Nine might have the rights.

Apparently so

1 Like

Seems like Seven lost their contract with the City of Melbourne last year. Hence New Years Coverage also moving over to Nine.

3 Likes

I think it’s individual event contracts. There are other major events City of Melbourne is involved in (e.g. Food and Wine Festival, Melbourne Fashion Week) that Nine doesn’t have exclusive media rights.

But I dont think any network would broadcast the Food and Wine festival etc.

1 Like

Is it just a coincidence Hitch is crowned a Moomba monarch the same year Nine take over the rights? Deserving appointment nonetheless.

Yes it is surprising that it didn’t occur earlier.
I would’ve loved Hitch with Jo Hall as monarchs.

Peter Hitchener was never going to be Moomba Monarch whilst Channel 7 was the sponsor!!

7 Likes

Monday 14 February to Friday 18 February-

Dougal Beatty is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

4 Likes

his profile in Melbourne pre-dates any arrangement that 7 may have had. However I am reminded that the Moomba Monarch titles were abandoned for about 10 years.

2 Likes

Hitch was at the desk with his crown :crown: on talking about his role with Dougal on the Afternoon News today.

8 Likes

I think sharing it with a non Nine personality was the right move, Moomba probably didn’t want to appear to be too “Channel Nine”.

Melbourne tonight.

5 Likes

It was only ‘wishful thinking’ having Hitch and Jo together. :grin:

8 Likes

Headline

“And what a special honour. FiFi Box and yours truly crowned monarchs of marvellous Moomba.”

Update:

8 Likes

A nice long closer in Melbourne tonight with Hitch putting the crown on. Nicest guy in Melbourne. Totally deserves it.

15 Likes