Nine News Presenters and Reporters

QTQ lost some calibre. Hoping they commit to her cameos.

11 Likes

Sounds like she might do some special reports every now and then like Kay McGrath on Seven.

Nice that Nine is still keeping an open door for her.

10 Likes

I think it will be more the occasional presenting gig if needed.

Chris Bath at 10-esque.

Scherri-Lee Biggs is taking a 2 week break to coincide with her birthday.

4 Likes

Monika Kos presented 9 News Perth tonight (Saturday). I assume she will also do so tomorrow night (Sunday)

9 Likes

Why not nationally?

It was scheduled for Sydney, but never aired.

4 Likes

Monday (23/08/2021)-Tuesday (24/08/2021)

Natalia Cooper presented the National Morning and Sydney Afternoon News.

Paul Taylor presented the Queensland Afternoon News.

7 Likes

I think Lizzie Pearl is on “vaccination leave”. (Based on her Instagram).

2 Likes

When’s Davina due to return?

How would we know? She’ll return when she’s ready.

Im assuming no update on Jo Hall Presenting the arvo news? Last I heard she was just filming special reports for Melbourne 6pm.

Will have to wait and see what happens for the rest of this week, however Dougal has been doing every Wed, Thu & Fri since Brett left (as opposed to every fortnight), no sign of Jo on the news desk as yet.

1 Like

I am wondering whether Nine have any other changes planned for the 6pm bulletin.
The loss of viewers in the 6.30 half hour is really bad now. They start off with a big audience and it all dwindles away. This is Seven’s advantage where they seem to retain a lot of their audience over the full hour.

Viewers must really like Tim Watson’s and Jane Bunn’s sport and weather segments, respectively.

Perhaps we might see Nine hire a meteorologist to present Melbourne weather?

2 Likes

I’ve expressed my opinion previously but IMO Tony Jones comes across as quite cold on air.
Clint Stanaway would be a much better option (although that can’t happen given his radio duties).

2 Likes

I would’ve suggested that Tony be replaced to freshen things up, however I’d imagine that management love him, and they’re clearly trying to build up his profile should he take over from Hitch, or Neil Mitchell on 3AW.

3 Likes

I’m of the opinion that there is something in his contract which let’s him host a few times per year.

Someone here mentioned a while ago that they could be attempting to lift Brett McLeod’s profile by sending him back overseas, and give Hitch a few more years before sending him back to anchor.

I still reckon Alicia should be next in line however.

5 Likes