Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Make that at least 40 years :slight_smile: for Nine including the first female newsreader in the country (AFAIK) Melody Iliffe.

1 Like

As well as the Summer non-ratings period on weeknights.

1 Like

I think because he is actually tolerable compared to Allison. I feel sorry for anyone in QLD that has surround sound because I do and if I watched her my speakers would probably burst from her yelling. Same could actually said about Andrew

1 Like

Erin Molan fell off her chair during sport.

9 Likes

Erin Molan fell off her chair presenting sport in Sydney!

It didn’t happen whilst she was on camera, it was during a voiceover, but her microphone cut out, and when she was on screen next, there was water all over her top!

9 Likes

A bit of ’ oh Sh*t ’ but who cares! Falling off a chair is already bad enough, then add water!

3 Likes

Quick videos of Erin Molan falling off her chair, so not the best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0x0xNedD1gargDnEkr1lnQ

1 Like

3 Likes

Maybe Jo Hall?

IIRC Jo Hall didn’t appear on tv until the mid-late 80’s

There was absolutely no reason to shaft Kay and Rod. They were comfortably leading the ratings. If Seven were looking at a succession plan it should have had Sharyn and Bill with a doubleheader on the weekends to build their onscreen chemistry and create a loyal following. Instead they ditched popular presenters with a new duo who didn’t gel well from the start and thrust them on viewers. No surprise viewers tuned out.

4 Likes

Not much but here is the apology:

Erin Molan Apology

Was anything she said when she fell audible?

Seems those camera gremlins are still at play also.

1 Like

Nine News Sydney: Erin Molan Falls off her chair while reading sport

6 Likes

She will no longer be able to make fun of Paul Vautin on the Footy Show for swearing on air many years ago.

6 Likes

LOL, “communication problems”!

You know, tonight’s blooper from Erin (and that infinitely repeated clip of Fatty’s blooper from ABC-TV’s coverage of the 1988 NSW-RL Grand Final) will probably be mentioned on The NRL Footy Show next week.

2 Likes

Georgie is so ridiculously robotic…Pete would have had a laugh about it rather than letting it be an awkward thing.

6 Likes

I think she does have a serious tone to such bloopers. But can u imagine how Mark Ferguson would respond if Mel McLaughlin was to fall off her chair?

4 Likes

I agree, GG used to be totally different on Today always having a joke and bantering so much. Shame that has changed.

Also Kyrrie Blenkinsop presented her final Nime News Darwin bulletin last night. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to capture it.

3 Likes
2 Likes